Prometheus (2012)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Ridley scott say's "Prometheus is not a prequel to alien".

While attending a pre-Oscar tribute to Harvey Weinstein, Scott revealed details about his upcoming sci-fi film including the secrecy surrounding it's script and new additions to the cast.After several weeks of rumors regarding the inclusion of components from the Alien film-verse -- from Space Jockeys to Xenomorphs -- as well as comments from actor Michael Fassbender stating the film's prequel aspect, many people believe Prometheus is definitely a continuation of the Alien franchise. According to Ridley Scott, though, it 'is not — as some have suggested — a prequel to his classic sci-fi shocker Alien'; but it does have a grand scale:
"It’s the story of creation, the gods and the man who stood against them. It’s not a small film. I’m using the giant James Bond 007 stage at Pinewood and six other sound stages to film it."

Scott went on to discuss the secrecy behind the project, stating that his cast -- including the newly added members Idris Elba, Sean Harris and Kate Dickie -- have all signed nondisclosure agreements and were only allowed to read the story if they visited his production office with the exception of a security courier flying to one actor’s foreign location and standing guard for two hours while the screenplay was read.
"I was insistent that the script not leak onto the internet, where it gets dissected out of context, which spoils it for everyone."
http://www.dailyblam.com/news/2011/02/2 ... hers-join-
"All this 'good vs evil' shit's been played out. It's now time for 'BAD VS. EVIL'

-David Ayer on Suicide Squad.

This movie really has that epic feeling to it. 2012 will be a great year for movies.

This is too good to be true... :wtf:

RIFA wrote:This is too good to be true... :wtf:
You changed your mind? :P

This is now officially my third most anticipated of next year.

This film has EPIC written all over it.

Eternal-Fighter wrote:
RIFA wrote:This is too good to be true... :wtf:
about what?

RIFA wrote:
Eternal-Fighter wrote:
about what?
OMG RIDLEY on another SCI-FI.... :oops: :oops: :oops:
and now
This is too good to be true... :wtf:
Maybe you're using wrong smilies :D

Eternal-Fighter wrote:Maybe you're using wrong smilies :D
no. i'm excited as hell for this...

Sounding more epic with every bit of info that comes out.

The 1 2 combo of this and X Men are goinng to make Fassbender huge

I wonder who plays prometheus?

Following the analogy, humans would have to be the gods and the humanoid/alien would be prometheus? Or one of androids?