Prometheus (2012)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
What can we believe about Ridley Scott‘s Prometheus? The film stars Charlize Theron, Noomi Rapace and Michael Fassbender, and is scheduled for June 2012. The film began life as an Alien prequel scripted by Jon Spaihts, but mutated into Prometheus when Damon Lindelof rewrote the script. After that mutation Fox announced the film as taking place in an all-new universe, seeming to definitively seperate it from all things Alien.

But rumors cropped up that the classic Alien xenomorph would be in the film along with a live version of the space jockey seen in the first act of Alien. The history of the latter character is part of what sent Ridley Scott on the Alien prequel path in the first place. And Michael Fassbender has said that Prometheus is “absolutely” connected to Alien. Now there is further word about the presence of one of Alien‘s most visually striking elements.
The report comes from Sky Movies (via Badass Digest), which isn’t a source that comes out of the gate with a lot of scoops. But they were one of the early voices saying that Prometheus is actually far more tethered to Alien than anyone at Fox was letting on, and that seems to be very much the case.

Sky says that not only will the space jockey be in Prometheus, but that it is being built as an eight-foot animatronic effect, and that HR Giger is consulting — only consulting — on the character. (The source is “an insider.”) We’d heard that Mr. Giger might be part of the crew, but the notion of a giant animatronic effect is pleasantly surprising. Animatronics are expensive and not always reliable, and have largely been supplanted by other effects technology. But they give something very real and present for actors to play against, and that can be a great thing. I’d be quite happy if this report is true.

Sky also says that their insider confirms the presence of a giant head that captains a ship in the film, printing “By the way, people are going to be in for a shock when they sit down to watch Prometheus and there’s an enormous semi-human head piloting a spaceship.”
http://www.slashfilm.com/ridley-scotts- ... nic-alien/
"All this 'good vs evil' shit's been played out. It's now time for 'BAD VS. EVIL'

-David Ayer on Suicide Squad.

thenextnolan wrote:
What can we believe about Ridley Scott‘s Prometheus? The film stars Charlize Theron, Noomi Rapace and Michael Fassbender, and is scheduled for June 2012. The film began life as an Alien prequel scripted by Jon Spaihts, but mutated into Prometheus when Damon Lindelof rewrote the script. After that mutation Fox announced the film as taking place in an all-new universe, seeming to definitively seperate it from all things Alien.

But rumors cropped up that the classic Alien xenomorph would be in the film along with a live version of the space jockey seen in the first act of Alien. The history of the latter character is part of what sent Ridley Scott on the Alien prequel path in the first place. And Michael Fassbender has said that Prometheus is “absolutely” connected to Alien. Now there is further word about the presence of one of Alien‘s most visually striking elements.
The report comes from Sky Movies (via Badass Digest), which isn’t a source that comes out of the gate with a lot of scoops. But they were one of the early voices saying that Prometheus is actually far more tethered to Alien than anyone at Fox was letting on, and that seems to be very much the case.

Sky says that not only will the space jockey be in Prometheus, but that it is being built as an eight-foot animatronic effect, and that HR Giger is consulting — only consulting — on the character. (The source is “an insider.”) We’d heard that Mr. Giger might be part of the crew, but the notion of a giant animatronic effect is pleasantly surprising. Animatronics are expensive and not always reliable, and have largely been supplanted by other effects technology. But they give something very real and present for actors to play against, and that can be a great thing. I’d be quite happy if this report is true.

Sky also says that their insider confirms the presence of a giant head that captains a ship in the film, printing “By the way, people are going to be in for a shock when they sit down to watch Prometheus and there’s an enormous semi-human head piloting a spaceship.”
http://www.slashfilm.com/ridley-scotts- ... nic-alien/
This might be the best year of films. Ever. It's got like, several releases I'm exceptionally excited for.

The latest rumors of the supposed Alien prequel regarded the infamous Space Jockey, now more information is circulating hinting that fans will have to see a few familiar creatures; as well as a possible title change.
There have been plenty of rumors surrounding the storyline of the film, and what components -- if any -- of the Alien film-verse will be included in the what many are calling a prequel. The latest batch of info comes from BleedingCool.com, or rather their anonymous source associated with the project; here are the highlights:
- I learned that the film’s setting is, in part, a planet that has been terraformed to create the perfect environment in which a particular bioweapon would prosper.

- Generation by generation, the [Aliens] mutate. As Prometheus begins, the xenomorph is not too recognizable. It has that alien DNA that Scott and Fassbender teasingly referred to, but it’s missing… human DNA. You may even suppose that the first film’s alien was so recognizably humanoid because it had grown in a human.

- I did ask if the film is really going to be called Prometheus. The answer? “Maybe not. Though they are calling it that for a reason.”

http://www.dailyblam.com/news/2011/02/2 ... um=twitter
"All this 'good vs evil' shit's been played out. It's now time for 'BAD VS. EVIL'

thenextnolan wrote:The latest rumors of the supposed Alien prequel regarded the infamous Space Jockey, now more information is circulating hinting that fans will have to see a few familiar creatures; as well as a possible title change.
There have been plenty of rumors surrounding the storyline of the film, and what components -- if any -- of the Alien film-verse will be included in the what many are calling a prequel. The latest batch of info comes from BleedingCool.com, or rather their anonymous source associated with the project; here are the highlights:
- I learned that the film’s setting is, in part, a planet that has been terraformed to create the perfect environment in which a particular bioweapon would prosper.

- Generation by generation, the [Aliens] mutate. As Prometheus begins, the xenomorph is not too recognizable. It has that alien DNA that Scott and Fassbender teasingly referred to, but it’s missing… human DNA. You may even suppose that the first film’s alien was so recognizably humanoid because it had grown in a human.

- I did ask if the film is really going to be called Prometheus. The answer? “Maybe not. Though they are calling it that for a reason.”

Is it just me or does this seem destined to become Scott's next truly mesmerizing film?

Vader182 wrote:
thenextnolan wrote:The latest rumors of the supposed Alien prequel regarded the infamous Space Jockey, now more information is circulating hinting that fans will have to see a few familiar creatures; as well as a possible title change.

Is it just me or does this seem destined to become Scott's next truly mesmerizing film?
Its a sci-fi film made by ridley scott. It will deliver.

I love the sound of this! And I agree, I believe this will be Ridley Scott's next masterpiece.

MrG
So does this officially have nothing to do with the Alien series at all? I'm still confused after reading everything about this film. Alien or not?

MrG wrote:So does this officially have nothing to do with the Alien series at all? I'm still confused after reading everything about this film. Alien or not?
Based on several comments, it exists within the Alien universe, but is quite a separate story with its very own mythology.

From what the story's that have been posted so far, Xenomorphs might end up appearing in the film but they might be "Not Recognizable". :think:

Interesting, yet confusing.

ONE OF THE BEST PIECES OF NEWS I HEARD ALL DAY!!!!!!!!!!!! GR8 NEWS!!!!!!!!