Prometheus (2012)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Fox and Google just struck a licensing deal, so this is available in HD on Google Play for $15.

SilverHeart wrote:Fox and Google just struck a licensing deal, so this is available in HD on Google Play for $15.
Ill wait leass than a month for the Blu-ray.
Brave New World

m4st4 wrote:
prince0gotham wrote:bluray's up
Finally, thanks.

Time to do some assembly with director's cut material?
yeah it's just theatrical digital download or somethin, no dc stuff yet

Well all deleted scenes are on torrents now :)

Jesus Christ... so many important scenes... someone needs to make the extended cut. :|

RIFA wrote:Jesus Christ... so many important scenes... someone needs to make the extended cut. :|
Watched it, would be a neat addition but what exactly, honestly, is vital? :think:

m4st4 wrote:
RIFA wrote:Jesus Christ... so many important scenes... someone needs to make the extended cut. :|
Watched it, would be a neat addition but what exactly, honestly, is vital? :think:
I don't know if I should respond since I know you have this personal thing against this film.

A lot of the scenes not included in the film would have worked better. Not only they add more to the character development, but some of them are vital to the logic behind some of the most important things that took place in the film. For example the David-Shaw-Weyland-Engineer conversation. How the fuck did they not put that in the film? I know it's more mysterious but seriously... the difference is huge. Now you understand a lot of things better than when you had to only assume what David told the engineer. The intro also shows why this engineer sacrificed himself. It was more than just a ritual by looking at his and his elders reaction. It was like a blessing for him to do what he did. Also, there are some scenes that cover some logic gasps. One of the question was always what was David doing when this happened? Lol and where was David? Some scenes explain that and make a better transition between the scenes.

Without these scenes the film is more confusing and probably works better that way, questioning everything and always wondering why this and not that. But I think a DC or Extended Cut was/is necessary from Ridley. Some of these scenes actually make the film better. People who still judge this film because Vickers ran in straight line (and other things like that) are so goofy.

The best thing is that a sequel can't be worse. It's like for Avatar 2. Considering what both movies are going for, It's impossible for the sequels to be worse... especially in the case of Prometheus.

RIFA wrote:
m4st4 wrote:
I don't know if I should respond since I know you have this personal thing against this film.

A lot of the scenes not included in the film would have worked better. Not only they add more to the character development, but some of them are vital to the logic behind some of the most important things that took place in the film. For example the David-Shaw-Weyland-Engineer conversation. How the fuck did they not put that in the film? I know it's more mysterious but seriously... the difference is huge. Now you understand a lot of things better than when you had to only assume what David told the engineer. The intro also shows why this engineer sacrificed himself. It was more than just a ritual by looking at his and his elders reaction. It was like a blessing for him to do what he did. Also, there are some scenes that cover some logic gasps. One of the question was always what was David doing when this happened? Lol and where was David? Some scenes explain that and make a better transition between the scenes.

Without these scenes the film is more confusing and probably works better that way, questioning everything and always wondering why this and not that. But I think a DC or Extended Cut was/is necessary from Ridley. Some of these scenes actually make the film better. People who still judge this film because Vickers ran in straight line (and other things like that) are so goofy.

The best thing is that a sequel can't be worse. It's like for Avatar 2. Considering what both movies are going for, It's impossible for the sequels to be worse... especially in the case of Prometheus.
Avatar's sequel can be much, much worse.

Agree for Prometheus, though.
Un lladre es un artista. Fa servir la imaginació per lluirse cuan roba el seu trofeu. Els detectius només analitzen el delicte i ens denuncien. Els detectius son uns simples critics.

RIFA wrote:
m4st4 wrote:

And all of this was integral to make this movie actually work? Everything you said was already implied in the movie in different ways, but that's not enough to make a coherent story that actually functions on all levels. It's not about Vickers running in straight line, that's like old news right now. Don't know about other folks, wouldn't try to ''judge'' the movie I didn't quite hate /didn't like either but one thing is certain - there was a time were it should've been No.2 this year, it didn't live up to that expectation in my eyes - that's the problem with 99% of the people who hate Vickers running in straight line.

I'm still talking about this movie because it dissappointed me, you're doing the same because you're the exact opposite, so how exactly do I have something personal with it, and you don't? It's funny when you think about it.

lol these "vital" scenes dont improve shit.