James Cameron About Hollywood These Days

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Here is the article.

http://www.cinemaspy.com/Movie-News/Jam ... Movie/4842

Here's my opinion:James cameron has to shut his mouth,he's the one that is going to create 2 other movies of Avatar thats his franchise.There are dozens of films that will be great this year like 'Sucker Punch' 'The Tree of Life' and there where really good films in 2010 like 'Black Swan' 'Inception' 'The Fighter' and so i can go on.
Cameron is the one who milks out even 'Titanic' that movie wasnt necesary also,now his going to bring it out again but now in 3D.
James talks bullshit,he is a slow filmmaker it takes really long before he makes movies.So he is not that great for Hollywood if you think about.Yeah his Avatar brought 1billion cash in the pocket.But someone like Nolan did that with TDK and almost with Inception also in a sort time between the movies.I'm only going to watch the movies i want to see,Cameron has to say nothing about this.

Camerons orginallity

This picture is from some other artist

Much artists did this before,cameron is just some other one.

Here's avatars version

These kind of mountains can be made by any other person via a 3D program called 'Bryce' i done that 10years ago already.
What cameron is doing,is stealing ideas from other and make the world and calls it 'Pandora'

Very interesting article. I still respect cameron but not as much as i used to.
"All this 'good vs evil' shit's been played out. It's now time for 'BAD VS. EVIL'

-David Ayer on Suicide Squad.

personaly i realy dont like his movies-they are incredibly empty-like vacuum...the only thing hes good at is directing action sequences and thats about it

Ahem, Avatar brought in 2.7 billion dollars world wide Batmotor; your numbers are completely inaccurate. And despite my feelings towards Avatar, Cameron is right. Battleship is a movie that doesn't need to be made and is an act of desperation from Hollywood. And you have no idea whether Cameron ever saw the image you posted; I seriously doubt he ever did. Not to mention that he's already stated that the recently renamed "Hallelujah Mountains" in China were his inspiration...

People complaining that David O. Russell is an asshole should take a look at this fucking douchebag. As a professional you don't disrespect your colleagues and this isn't the first time Mr. Cameron has thrown punches at his peers this year. I don't nessacerly disagree with his statements this time around, but it doesn't change the fact that he is way off talking shit about others work/projects like he's the fucking messiah of film. He should instead focus his energy on actually writing a screenplay this time around.

Sidenote; I remember watching interviews with all the directors that was in contention for awards last year, and how stunned I was by how egomaniac and pretentious Cameron and Tarantino was. I was so happy that Kathryn Bigelow won that year.

Neither Aronofsky, Boyle, Hooper, Coens, Fincher, Nolan or even Russell sport that disgusting "better than you" attitude. I like these contenders alot more.
Last edited by Robin on January 11th, 2011, 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
@sammyjankis88

What Robin said. Cameron is a douche.

BatMotor wrote:Camerons orginallity

This picture is from some other artist

Much artists did this before,cameron is just some other one.

Here's avatars version

These kind of mountains can be made by any other person via a 3D program called 'Bryce' i done that 10years ago already.
What cameron is doing,is stealing ideas from other and make the world and calls it 'Pandora'

This isn't exactly a POINT is it now. You know how many movies got space ships like in Star Wars? Not that I'm defendin Cameron at all, but you don't really have a point. And the thing about Bryce... sure, go ahead, dazzle us with your talent, make a movie using your skillz. Do I need to be more sarcastic?

How humble was Kubrick or Hitchcock... How humble is Spielberg, Nolan or J.J. Abrams...

How professional and fair play are Fincher, the Coens and Aronofsky...

James Cameron and Quentin Tarantino are pretty much egotistic persons... :roll:

RIFA wrote:How humble was Kubrick or Hitchcock... How humble is Spielberg, Nolan or J.J. Abrams...

How professional and fair play are Fincher, the Coens and Aronofsky...

James Cameron and Quentin Tarantino are pretty much egotistic persons... :roll:
Well at least Tarantino delivers good movies well james has yet to learn how to write at least an average script instead of just talking bs