Warrior (2011)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Oh yeah I forgot you saw it. I do not see how it could be better then The Take though.

allstarr55js wrote:Oh yeah I forgot you saw it. I do not see how it could be better then The Take though.

that was his best prior to this....but every performance can be topped, eventually....luckily for Tom, he topped it fairly quickly

Wait since when did Talli see the film? LOL

RomanM wrote:Wait since when did Talli see the film? LOL
He claims to but he is always very coy about it.

allstarr55js wrote:Image

i'm telling you.

hopefully the attention from tDKR will mean that this movie will get decent promotion, and will be noticed...if that happens it will absolutely be an oscar contender and hardy will be nominated

EW's first look

http://www.ew.com/ew/gallery/0,,2038592 ... l#20927109

Brotherly love
Hardy’s character quickly finds himself on a collision course with his older brother (Joel Edgerton, right), also an MMA fighter. ”On one hand, you could say it’s a fighting movie,” says Edgerton, ”but on the other hand, what actually makes it tick is the story of a family and two brothers pitted against each other. The fighting, for me, is just a bonus.”

Hardy knocks
Though he was awfully charming in Inception, Tom Hardy is developing quite a reputation for playing brawlers: from the prisoner in 2009’s Bronson to the superstrong titan Bane in 2012’s The Dark Knight Rises to the mixed-martial-arts fighter trained by his estranged father (Nick Nolte, right) in Warrior (out Sept. 9). —Keith Staskiewicz

Getting into fighting shape In order to make the gladiatorial action more realistic, both Hardy and Edgerton (shown here with House’s Jennifer Morrison, who plays his wife) had to work out for months before shooting began. ”We were just training and living the life of a fighter,” says Edgerton, ”doing everything short of actually having to get knocked out for real. I don’t think I’ve ever worked that hard on a project before.” —KS

I'd rather watch GATTACA again.

from Alex Billington of firstshowing.net who attended an early screening-
Warrior was incredible, better than The Fighter. Tom Hardy gives a phenomenal, Oscar-level performance. Best movie I've seen in 2011 so far.

allstarr55js wrote:from Alex Billington of firstshowing.net who attended an early screening-
Warrior was incredible, better than The Fighter. Tom Hardy gives a phenomenal, Oscar-level performance. Best movie I've seen in 2011 so far.
I am SO pumped for this! I can't wait.