Warrior (2011)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Release Date- September 9th
Directed by- Gavin O'Connor
Starring- Tom Hardy, Nick Nolte, Joel Edgerton, and Jennifer Morrison.

Plot-
Two brothers face the fight of a lifetime – and the wreckage of their broken family – within the brutal, high-stakes world of Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) fighting in Lionsgate’s action/drama, WARRIOR.

An ex-Marine haunted by a tragic past, Tommy Riordan returns to his hometown of Pittsburgh and enlists his father, a recovered alcoholic and his former coach, to train him for an MMA tournament awarding the biggest purse in the history of the sport. As Tommy blazes a violent path towards the title prize, his brother, Brendan, a former MMA fighter unable to make ends meet as a public school teacher, returns to the amateur ring to provide for his family. Even though years have passed, recriminations and past betrayals keep Brendan bitterly estranged from both Tommy and his father.

But when Brendan’s unlikely rise as an underdog sets him on a collision course with Tommy, the two brothers must finally confront the forces that tore them apart, all the while waging the most intense, winner-takes-all battle of their lives.
This film defiantly has my interest being a fan of MMA and also a fan of Tom Hardy. It also sounds really gritty hopefully it is done right because how many MMA films have there been? Let alone a good one...

i'm not expecting much from this one since most fighting films turn out to be cheesey predictable crap...hopefully this proves me wrong

talli wrote:i'm not expecting much from this one since most fighting films turn out to be cheesey predictable crap...hopefully this proves me wrong
Yeah but The Fighter was really good. I am not saying this will be The Fighter by any means though.

allstarr55js wrote:
talli wrote:i'm not expecting much from this one since most fighting films turn out to be cheesey predictable crap...hopefully this proves me wrong
Yeah but The Fighter was really good. I am not saying this will be The Fighter by any means though.

the fighter is a boxing movie...by fighting movies i meant mma...like never take me down or fighting...whatever they were

Last night I saw one of the most amazing movie I’ve ever seen. !!! - 3:44 AM Mar 4th via web

….in a loong time … ! It’s called “WARRIOR”. - 3:46 AM Mar 4th via web

It hasn’t been released yet….! You guys are in for a treat !! - 3:48 AM Mar 4th via web

-Amaury Nolasco (Prison Break)

this took pretty long actually. Gonna see it for Hardy and Nolte

I'm going to watch Warrior purely for the fact Tom Hardy is in it, nothing else. I'm looking forward to it.

talli wrote:Image

LEGIT!
Why you lurking my page brah?

talli wrote:Image
sold.