Godzilla (2014)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

OMG.

I grew up on Godzilla. So they're returning to Godzilla protecting the city from other monsters huh. I wonder what monsters they'll choose for him to fight. I hope he fights either King Ghidora, Mothra, or Rodan in this one.

Addicted2Movies wrote:I grew up on Godzilla. So they're returning to Godzilla protecting the city from other monsters huh. I wonder what monsters they'll choose for him to fight. I hope he fights either King Ghidora, Mothra, or Rodan in this one.
They should have him start off as a menacing destroyer, then have him become an anti-hero of sorts. Beating up the monsters but not doing it for the sake of humans, but more like him doing it for the sake of protecting his environment. Also, no space monsters like Oraga or Spacegodzilla. At least yet. Start off with someone easier like Megalon, Battra, Mothra, Rodan, Gigan, Baragon etc.
"All this 'good vs evil' shit's been played out. It's now time for 'BAD VS. EVIL'

-David Ayer on Suicide Squad.

thenextnolan wrote:
Addicted2Movies wrote:I grew up on Godzilla. So they're returning to Godzilla protecting the city from other monsters huh. I wonder what monsters they'll choose for him to fight. I hope he fights either King Ghidora, Mothra, or Rodan in this one.
They should have him start off as a menacing destroyer, then have him become an anti-hero of sorts. Beating up the monsters but not doing it for the sake of humans, but more like him doing it for the sake of protecting his environment. Also, no space monsters like Oraga or Spacegodzilla. At least yet. Start off with someone easier like Megalon, Battra, Mothra, Rodan, Gigan, Baragon etc.
I agree, very happy Goyer is writing this seems to be the perfect choice for this. Nice to have you back buddy.

thenextnolan wrote:
Well...I'm not so sure about him being a menacing destroyer who is solely protecting him environment. I think an interesting take on Godzilla could be making him an extremely intelligent creature who wants what is best for himself. Perhaps, he could start off like you said as dangerous and destroying the city but maybe humanity can find a way to make peace with him. Perhaps Godzilla may need something that humanity has in order to survive. Idk what but I'm sure Goyer and others could think of something. Maybe radiation? In exchange for peace and protection, Godzilla receives what he needs. I don't think a Godzilla movie has ever explored the psychological and mental dynamics behind his relationship with humanity. Could make for some compelling cinema.
As for the monster he fights. I believe Anguirus and Rodan would be the best for the first one. Perhaps Anguirus begins as a foe and eventually allies with Godzilla like in the old movies and Rodan becomes the main threat. Like I said, they should make these monsters extremely intelligent and show that they have goals.

allstarr55js wrote:
thenextnolan wrote:
I agree, very happy Goyer is writing this seems to be the perfect choice for this. Nice to have you back buddy.
Nice to be back. Lets just try to put that whole 'Super 8' episode behind us.

Addicted2Movies wrote:
thenextnolan wrote:
Well...I'm not so sure about him being a menacing destroyer who is solely protecting him environment. I think an interesting take on Godzilla could be making him an extremely intelligent creature who wants what is best for himself. Perhaps, he could start off like you said as dangerous and destroying the city but maybe humanity can find a way to make peace with him. Perhaps Godzilla may need something that humanity has in order to survive. Idk what but I'm sure Goyer and others could think of something. Maybe radiation? In exchange for peace and protection, Godzilla receives what he needs. I don't think a Godzilla movie has ever explored the psychological and mental dynamics behind his relationship with humanity. Could make for some compelling cinema.
As for the monster he fights. I believe Anguirus and Rodan would be the best for the first one. Perhaps Anguirus begins as a foe and eventually allies with Godzilla like in the old movies and Rodan becomes the main threat. Like I said, they should make these monsters extremely intelligent and show that they have goals.
Excellent observation. Didnt really think that. It would be nice to see Godzilla as someone with human emotions & treated like an important part of the plot other then just some frightening monster who destroys things. Also would to see human charecters that go through complex issues that we actually care about, unlike the live-action Transformers movies.
"All this 'good vs evil' shit's been played out. It's now time for 'BAD VS. EVIL'

-David Ayer on Suicide Squad.

thenextnolan's back? God damn it.

Mason01 wrote:
thenextnolan wrote:David Goyer has been chosen to re-write the script!!!!!!!!!

http://www.deadline.com/2011/07/legenda ... -godzilla/
Excitement level risen. Penis rising slowly.
David Goyer sucks, he should be lucky that for some insane reason nolan thinks that the guy has talent. Watch him derail this, just as he did blade 3.