Godzilla (2014)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Forum Pro
Law

George wrote:Anyone who thinks the CG needs to be pristine for the film to be effective needs to check out Gareth Edwards' Monsters.
Or Godzilla 1954.

Trailer's surprisingly unexciting, especially compared to the first. It doesn't diminish my expectations for the film, but it didn't amplify them. Visually it resembles Monsters a lot more than I care for, considering how that film's visual sense is digital-indie, which I don't think translates to the big screen well at all. I'm sure a balance will be struck between those cartoony brights and moody darks, and it'll be less awkward than in this trailer.

You are bias now. It should be believable, you know what the comments meant. The bar is high right now for CGI in any big budget movie.

Monsters is not Godzilla although it features giant monsters. Edwards had restrictions and acted accordingly (no full monsters and when you see them it's at night). Godzilla should be better in that department because it has a much bigger budget for this.

I think even you compained at some point about CGI on some big budget movie, but now this gets a pass (bias much?).

Yes I too can go through lesser CGi if the movie, the story, the acting, the direction is good/great. CGI is not a deal breaker for me.

To use an analogy, you don't want your Mercedes to look like a cheap car when you know the budget invested in it. You'll still drive it, and enjoy it, but it won't be easy on the eye.

This looks fantastic. A perfect summer blockbuster. Im not watching a single second of footage after this. I won't even watch this trailer again. That was enough to get me excited. No more shots of Godzilla for me.

That last shot of him was chilling.

Woah. Amazing. I like how colorful the film will be before it goes all dark on us. Didn't had a problem with CGI. I'm sure it will look just fine on release.

Awesome trailer, guys. They're keeping that horror tone it and that music from the teaser trailer as well, which is incredible.

Just close our eyes and listen to the audio of that trailer yo.

Amazing trailer. A realistic Pacific Rim-esque depiction of kaiju but with a more serious, unavoidable natural catastrophe actitude. Also, CGI looked fine to me.

Omg I wanna watch fuck