Your Favorite Terrence Malick Movies

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

What's Your Most-Mesmerizing Malick Movie, My Man.

Lanton Mills - Is full of thrills!
No votes
Badlands - It's rad man!
6%
Days of Heaven - I liked it more than Se7en.
3%
The Thin Red Line - It's real fine.
35%
The New World - Made me want to hurl! ...wait.
12%
The Tree of Life - I assume will BE my life.
28%
Who the hell is Terrance Malick?
17%

Total votes: 69

On the verge of "The Tree of Life" coming out, I thought I'd take a quick poll of people's favorite Terrence Malick movies (or at least the one's that people have seen ;) ) Since the trailer came out, i've been going through all his flicks and I haven't seen a bad one yet! (Well I didn't like TTRL at first, but imma re-watch).

This thread will probably be more popular in a few months, but we prepare here at NolanFans!
Last edited by Disney+'s solo2001 on January 3rd, 2011, 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

It's not that much of a choice...

The Thin Red Line was his best movie.

MrG
The New World is the only one I've seen and I didn't like it at all so...

I havn't seen any, but I ordered 'The Thin Red Line' like, 2 days before the year started. When it pops through my letterbox, I shall watch it.

I recommend all his films as they are all beautifully made and filled with penetrating insights into human conditions.

His films require you to watch more than once and really think in order to understand. Not that they have any structurally complex stories or anything, but nor are they formulated for mass consumption.

The New World is an underrated film, one that actually attempts to re-interpret history in the dawn of America from a more humane point of view (one that involves the Native Americans without over-sentimentalizing their stories like Avatar).

The Thin Red Line - one of the most visually beautiful films ever made, is more relevant now than it was in 1997 (wars on multiple fronts). It's the prefect anti-war film, again, not a conventional one like Private Ryan by Spielberg.

Days of Heaven - doesn't have a groundbreaking plot or anything, but looks prettier than other similar films. Also it has truer emotions and better reflects the realities of the working-class experience.

It's been said that Malick is the modern day Kubrick, although any one with a heart would agree that Malick's films are better at portraying tender feelings.

discoveringuy wrote:It's been said that Malick is the modern day Kubrick
I don't agree with who said that. I think they are very different.

saw some of red line

saw the new world...fell asleep lol

so technically ive only seen one and hated it

I've only seen the line and the new world and I love both equally.
The 2h 51m extended cut of TNW is priceless.

The New World

perfect balance of astonishing cinematography, deep soundtrack and powerful acting

Days of Heaven, though I didn't like it more than Se7en... :problem: