movies that made you cry

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
don´t ask me why but my cousin and i are tryng to see who is more insensitive (i don´t know if that word i just insert the insensivel on google translator :lol: ) Make your list!

My cousin say´d:

The green Mile
Toy story 3

i cried at marley & me (maybe because my lab died recently)

I almost cried at the end of Inception in first viewing :)
I actualy cried when i first watched Donnie Darko(2001)-idk why but when the credits music started I just became so sad :(

Not essentially cry but they brought tears to my eyes...

Schindler's List (every time... it's that powerful)
American Beauty (... gratitude... for every single moment of my stupid little life... SO TRUE)
Toy Story 3 (did not cry but I had teary eyes)
Titanic (when I was a kid :lol: )
Inception (my mouth started to shake :lol: when Mal jumps from that window the first time... the movie was so intense even emotionally)
Armageddon (when I was a kid :lol: )
Braveheart (when I was a kid it really impressed me the scene where he screams Freedom... :cry: )
Gladiator (lol ... yeah... well... "Honor Him" and that music... wow)
Last edited by RIFA on January 2nd, 2011, 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Oh yeah how could I forget Gladiator-that end should make ANYONE cry :)

As much as I like Kubrick ... none of his movies made me cry... kinda think about it... he really had problems with delivering emotionally engaging scenes... :problem: he was so obsessed with perfection in the acting, the decors, the story, the cinematography, the music... he wanted everything to be mathematical perfect but he always forgot about true feelings...

Another movie I got teary eyes was...

Blade Runner .... It's just that beautiful... the atmosphere... the music... each shot is perfect... and it deals with strong feelings/emotions. True masterpiece right there... 8-)

RIFA wrote:As much as I like Kubrick ... none of his movies made me cry... kinda think about it... he really had problems with delivering emotionally engaging scenes... :problem:
I will probably receive heat for this but Kubrick hasnt made at least one movie that had an "emotional core"-I find his films to be realy realy cold...altought in some movies that "coldness" works realy great(2001,Dr.Strangelove,FMJ)

Toy Story 3 (every single time)
Ratatoille
The constant gardener
Philadelphia
Munich

MrG
Castaway
The scene where he loses Wilson is heartbreaking. It gets to me everytime.

The only movies that really made me cry were:

Green Mile
Click (Yeah... Don't ask, but hey when I was in 6th grade I thought that the movie was suppose to funny I was not expecting a depressing false ending) :problem:

Armageddon - when I was a kid.

The Pianist - when the family and the protagonist (can't remember his name) parted ways.

Toy Story 3 - not while watching the ending. But when I got home the night I watched it and can't help to think that I won't see Woody's gang ever again.

Inception - when Zimmer's time soften down and I saw Cobb's kids' faces on the screen. Pure joy that I had teary eyes.