The Flowers of War (2011)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
After a great decade of film and never winning any major awards he just won a Golden Globe and is prob going to get an Oscar. And this film sounds like major Oscar bait....
Say Girl

Redsmile wrote:After a great decade of film and never winning any major awards he just won a Golden Globe and is prob going to get an Oscar. And this film sounds like major Oscar bait....
Oh yeah I get you.... Bale Rocks!!!

He's been my fav actor since I saw American Psycho. Overall I think he is the most interesting actor in Hollywood and picks the most demanding roles that most the time don't get too much attention. Plus he is pretty consistent. He has something coming out every year.
Say Girl

Yeah him and Dicaprio are both my favorite actors been that for a while. I find them both so damn compelling to watch in every single movie they are both in and both are so consistent.

Yeah I've loved Leo for awhile as well and think he's great. He just doesn't change it up enough really. Still think overall he had the best decade tho. haha

Back on subject I'm really looking to this movie. It should be epic. It sounds prefect for Bale.
Say Girl

allstarr55js wrote:Yeah him and Dicaprio are both my favorite actors been that for a while. I find them both so damn compelling to watch in every single movie they are both in and both are so consistent.
:clap:

I would say leo is more consistent cuz he hasnt made a bad film in ages. Shit is only bad film is man in the iron mask. Terminater Salvation was pretty weak and Public Enemies was mediocre but overall he takes WAY more challenging roles.
Say Girl

bale is the more daring actor

talli wrote:bale is the more daring actor
+1
Bale has some sort of vulnerability in his acting though he's composure screams bravery.

Yeah, I mean could leo play dickie? no.
Say Girl