Golden Globes

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
RomanM wrote:Seriously though... the Golden Globes are a joke. People rag on the Oscars, but they are NOWHERE as bad as the globes.
they did a good job with the nominations this year I think. Except for the fact of Depp and Jolie nominated which is clearly joke just so they can have those stars in the building.

RomanM wrote:Seriously though... the Golden Globes are a joke. People rag on the Oscars, but they are NOWHERE as bad as the globes.
All these award shows are jokes. They only matter in terms of getting a movie publicity. Which the Golden Globes will most certainly do.

yes they are a joke but if nolan wins oscars its better for him... :angel:

The Oscars have a lot of pull and studios lobby a helluva lot to win. It also helps actors and directors get pay grade boosts. It's the biggest stage in the business, the golden globes are like the American Music Awards of the film industry. BURLESQUE has a fucking nomination at the Golden Globes. SERIOUSLY?! That movie is utter nonsense.

No noms for True Grit am i reading this list correctly?

So much fun reading the internet today :D there is some serious hate out there and I'm fucking lovin it.
@sammyjankis88

Glad to see Nolan get some nominations, really overdue. When I read Depp and Jolie were nominated i laughed so hard :lol:

jr724 wrote:Glad to see Nolan get some nominations, really overdue. When I read Depp and Jolie were nominated i laughed so hard :lol:
:lol: Well they gotta get their joke noms in there somehow!

How the fuck can Depp have two nominations? :eh:

allstarr55js wrote:they did a good job with the nominations this year I think. Except for the fact of Depp and Jolie nominated which is clearly joke just so they can have those stars in the building.
Pretty good job?... Lmao... on what world you live mate? It's probably the worst year for Golden Globes ...

Reasons?

1. Johnny Depp d***riding --> 2 undeserved nominees
2. Angelina Jolie jer*offs --> 1 undeserved nominee
3. Mark Wahlberg being nominated for best leading role ...
4. The Tourist being nominated
5. God Damn... Burlesque being nominated
6. Red being nominated...
7. The Fighter getting recognition instead of other better flicks..
8. True Grit missing is a serious joke and a loss of credibility for the GG
9. Michael Douglas being nominated just because his career and his health issues... smh

WOW... so many wrong things about this GG...