In Time (2011)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
allstarr55js wrote:
Finished the script; I really liked it.
Oh yeah crazy8 you liked this script more then Looper? I mean I really liked this script but Looper is just written better and 10 x more gritty and badass.

how do you guys get your hands on these scrips so early? Is their a site or something? I would really like to know
Why you lurking my page brah?

Dodd wrote:
allstarr55js wrote:
Oh yeah crazy8 you liked this script more then Looper? I mean I really liked this script but Looper is just written better and 10 x more gritty and badass.

how do you guys get your hands on these scrips so early? Is their a site or something? I would really like to know

They just start circulating and usually you'll need someone who has it to email it to you. If I ever want an early script I just check the film's IMDB page for a thread with people exchanging emails to receive the screenplay.

There are also sites like this that review scripts early and occasionally offer download options: http://scriptshadow.blogspot.com/

thanks George i really appreciate it! :thumbup:
Why you lurking my page brah?

LOL @ the Chris Nolan jab on that website you linked to George. The top 10 Screenwriting NoNos article.

Yeah, I liked it better than Looper. I find the concept of Now much more intriguing than that of Looper, I thought the pacing was better, overall I enjoyed the dialogue more, and I like the grander scale of Now.

But since both of these script probably weren't final drafts and things could play out better or worse than I imagined on screen, I won't know which I like better until I see the film. But based off these scripts, I like Now better.

RomanM wrote:LOL @ the Chris Nolan jab on that website you linked to George. The top 10 Screenwriting NoNos article.
I think it was at least an appropriate jab. But I also consider Nolan's reliance on exposition and his third act pacing to be the two major things he needs to work on as a filmmaker.

Crazy Eight wrote:
Yeah, I liked it better than Looper. I find the concept of Now much more intriguing than that of Looper, I thought the pacing was better, overall I enjoyed the dialogue more, and I like the grander scale of Now.

But since both of these script probably weren't final drafts and things could play out better or worse than I imagined on screen, I won't know which I like better until I see the film. But based off these scripts, I like Now better.
Crazy and I disagreeing? SHOCK AND AWE

Outside of the time clock bit, Now feels extraordinarily generic, and it doesn't really delve deeply into any of the ideas it presents. I also don't think the characters are formed enough, they're cut outs. I don't even think the dialog is very good, it's serviceable, but I wouldn't put it ahead of Looper. It certainly doesn't have a diner scene that's for sure. I also think Looper's script lends to better performances that goes back to the character thing.

George: Oh yeah I don't disagree with the notion at all.

George wrote:
RomanM wrote:LOL @ the Chris Nolan jab on that website you linked to George. The top 10 Screenwriting NoNos article.
I think it was at least an appropriate jab. But I also consider Nolan's reliance on exposition and his third act pacing to be the two major things he needs to work on as a filmmaker.
I don't understand those complaints. His exposition largely vanishes into the narrative for me, as the exposition itself tends to work on several levels within the narrative or on a character level.

He had a lengthy expeditionary sequence with cafe's blowing up, streets folding upon themselves, and stabbings from his late wife.

All of those things have to do with the story, (the danger of the dreams, the capability of the human mind, and this one's obvious).

I for one love his third act pacing, but I honestly could se why many wouldn't care for it too much. I find it to be fairly uneven, building and releasing tension but with more of a build each time. It's odd.

Outside of the time clock bit, Now feels extraordinarily generic, and it doesn't really delve deeply into any of the ideas it presents. I also don't think the characters are formed enough, they're cut outs. I don't even think the dialog is very good, it's serviceable, but I wouldn't put it ahead of Looper. It certainly doesn't have a diner scene that's for sure. I also think Looper's script lends to better performances that goes back to the character thing.
Yeah Looper has much better characters. Every character in Looper is well developed. I liked Now but it is defiantly completely generic in comparison to Looper.

havent read the script yet, but the concept seems like Repo Men but with time