Elysium (2013)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Looks like it could be both a compelling and emotional story. The CGI looks so real, and Damon looks wonderful (A couple of those first shots with him speaking to the robot made me laugh). Blomkamp is such a wonderful new talent, and I can't wait to see what he does next.

Microsoft really needs to just give Halo to him and let him do what he wants with it.

SilverHeart wrote:Microsoft really needs to just give Halo to him and let him do what he wants with it.
He needs to stay away from Halo. The stuff he comes up with is very original.

SilverHeart wrote:Microsoft really needs to just give Halo to him and let him do what he wants with it.
While it would disappoint the film world...I give this a +1 because I am a greedy Halo fan.

BlairCo wrote:
Why not? He wants to do it, and he could probably do it on a budget Microsoft'd be willing to spend, so there's no negatives anywhere.

SilverHeart wrote:
BlairCo wrote:
Why not? He wants to do it, and he could probably do it on a budget Microsoft'd be willing to spend, so there's no negatives anywhere.
There are people out there (as misguided as they be) who strongly dislike Halo. And I'm not saying BlairCo dislikes Halo because I have no idea what he thinks.

Looking awesome... can't wait. My most anticipated movie of the year.

Motherfucker... This looks so clean and well done...

I'm with Compton, as of now this surpasses Gravity as my TMA!
grifball wrote:Got some Elysium avys from the new trailer.
http://imgur.com/a/UZbOD
Thanks! :clap:

This will most likely be the best movie of the summer for me. At least I hope so! :D

Addicted2Movies wrote:
SilverHeart wrote:
BlairCo wrote:He needs to stay away from Halo. The stuff he comes up with is very original.
There are people out there (as misguided as they be) who strongly dislike Halo. And I'm not saying BlairCo dislikes Halo because I have no idea what he thinks.
Well, I don't hate Halo, I just never found it very interesting.

And I'm not saying Blomkamp should keep away from Halo specifically, he should stay away from anything that could lower his reputation as a writer/director, a video game adaptation being one.