Elysium (2013)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

Finally got around to watching the new trailer and personally I enjoyed it much better than the first. Great looking trailer. Really looking forward to this now.

The trailer was nice and all but I hope it didn't spoil anything important for me.

cooldued wrote:The trailer was nice and all but I hope it didn't spoil anything important for me.
It basically gave away the whole plot, other than that you're fine.

Allstar wrote:
cooldued wrote:The trailer was nice and all but I hope it didn't spoil anything important for me.
Who knows there still could be more to the story. Plus I don't think they even revealed that much, just the basic plot which we already knew from the synopsis.

I'm pretty pissed I watched this trailer. Smells a lot like Prometheus/Terminator Salvation syndrome to me.

cooldued wrote:
Allstar wrote:
Who knows there still could be more to the story. Plus I don't think they even revealed that much, just the basic plot which we already knew from the synopsis.
Some guys on imdb stated the trailer mostly showed us things we already knew from synopsis, introduced us to act 1 and 2 and then showed some random shots of action sequences. I think there's still plenty of story left for us.

Usually people who rant about trailers giving away the whole plot are the ones who don't even read the script, so I'll just try to stay calm lol.
At least we didn't see stuff like blowing the ship like they showed us with Prometheus trailer :lol:

Remember when trailers gave away whole scenes without so much as a cut?
Addicted2Movies wrote:I'm pretty pissed I watched this trailer. Smells a lot like Prometheus/Terminator Salvation syndrome to me.
You mean it leaves you with more questions and references than answers?

Joking aside, I'm curious what you mean. I am avoiding this trailer.

Also avoiding the new trailer. My feeling is this will be movie of the year.

I'm starting to think this is going to be a Sci-Fi classic.