Most Anticipated Movies of 2024

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Due to the WGA and SAG strikes this year doesn't look as promising as the last one. There's a lot of Franchise movies and sequels not many have been asking for. In terms of original films not much either, there's no Nolan, Spielberg, Scorsese, PTA, etc. However, we still might get movies from Eggers, Bong, Scott, Miller, Guadagnino and maybe Peele and Tarantino. Hopefully we'll get some great International Features as well this year.
1. Alien: Romulus (Aug 16 - Aug 24)
2. Deadpool 3 (Jul 26)
3. Nosferatu (Dec 25)
4. Mean Girls (Jan 12)
5. Dune: Part Two (Mar 1 - Mar 15)
6. Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga (May 24)
7. Mickey 17 (Mar 29)
8. The Fall Guy (May 3)
9. Gladiator 2 (Nov 22)
10. Joker: Folie à Deux (Oct 4)
11. Wolf Man (Oct 25)
12. Challengers (Apr 26)
13. Twisters (Jul 19)
14. Wolfs (Sep 20 - Apple)
15. Inside Out 2 (Jun 14)
16. Beetlejuice 2 (Sep 6)
17. A Quiet Place: Day One (Jun 28)
18. Road House (Mar 21 - Prime)
19. Smile 2 (Oct 18)
20. Terrifier 3 (Oct 25)
21. Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes (May 24)
22. Untitled Monster Thriller for Universal Pictures Project (Apr 19)
23. Red One (Nov 15 - Prime)
24. The Bikeriders (Jun 21)
25. Bad Boys 4 (Jun 14)
26. Akademia pana Kleksa (Jan 5)
27. Wicked (Nov 27)
28. The Beekeeper (Jan 12)
29. The Watchers (Jun 7)
30. Justice League: Crisis on Infinite Earths - Part One (Jan 9)
31. The Strangers: Chapter 1 (May 17)
32. Horizon: An American Saga Part 1 (Jun 28)
33. I.S.S. (Jan 19)
34. Arthur the King (Mar 22)
35. Spaceman (Mar 1 - Netflix)
36. The American Society of Magical Negroes (Mar 22)
37. Night Swim (Jan 5 - Mar 1)
38. Love Lies Bleeding (Mar 8)
39. The First Omen (Apr 5)
40. Civil War (Apr 26)
And some additional films without a release date as of yet but rumored to be released in 2024 (in alphabetical order):
Beverly Hills Cop: Axel F (Netflix)
Blitz (Apple)
Boy Kills World
The Conjuring: Last Rites
Coyote v. Acme
The Crow
A Different Man
Eden
The Gorge
Hamnet
Havoc (Netflix)
Here
Hit Man
I Saw the TV Glow
Irish Wish (Netflix)
Is This Thing On?
Justice League: Crisis on Infinite Earths Parts 2 and 3
Krazy House
The Last Kumite
Magazine Dreams
Maria
MaXXXine
Meet Me Next Christmas (Netflix)
Megalopolis
Michael
The Ministry of Ungentlemanly Warfare
Mortal Kombat 2
Mother Mary
The Movie Critic
Polaris
Presence
Red Rooms
Return to Silent Hill
Salem’s Lot
The Shrouds
Spider-Man: Beyond the Spider-Verse
They Follow
Touch
Untitled Adam Sandler/Safdie Brothers Project
Untitled Formula One Racing Movie
Untitled Fourth Film Directed by Jordan Peele
Untitled Guy Ritchie's Action Movie
Watchmen

TV looks strong, though. Nothing that I'm super hyped about in terms of originals but there are some nice sequel seasons coming up:
1. True Detective 4 (Jan 15 hbomax)
2. House of the Dragon 2 (hbomax)
3. Poker Face 2 (showtime)
4. The Boys 4 (prime)
5. The Franchise (hbomax)
6. Only Murders in the Building 4 (disney)
7. The Regime (Mar 3 hbomax)
8. Agatha: Darkhold Diares (disney)
9. Abbott Elementary 3 (Feb 7 disney)
10. The Acolyte (disney)
11. Star Trek: Strange New Worlds 3 (paramount)
12. Masters of the Air (Jan 26 - 15 Mar apple)
13. Jury Duty 2 (prime)
14. Disclaimer (apple)
15. Shrinking 2 (apple)

Most
Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga
Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes
MaXXXine
Nosferatu

Somewhat
Civil War
Damsel
Sometimes I Think About Dying
Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire
Twisters

I feel like I need a trailer for a lot of these original 2024 movies to get interested, like Coppola's Megalopolis.

This year looks quite grim on paper but I'm always optimistic that it is a great opportunity to find any hidden gems.

HMs: I Saw the TV Glow, The Bikeriders, Civil War, Maxxine, Gladiator 2

10. Kinds of Kindness - New Lanthimos movie with the screenwriter Filippou who penned my favourite of his movies(The Lobster and Dogtooth)!

9. Bird - Big fan of Andrea Arnold and it's been a while since American Honey. Bring it on!

8. Furiosa - Loved Fury Road but the trailer disappointed me. Cautiously optimistic on this.

7. The Lord of the Rings: The War of the Rohirrim - This could end up being bad, however I think that if it is good it will create a new trend for animation in Fantasy which I think it is the best medium for Fantasy novels. I hope it delivers!

6. Anora - New Sean Baker film, I am already sold! Neon is behind it so it will be a favourite for Cannes ;).

5. Nosferatu - I am here for any Robert Eggers film. The way this guy portrays mysticism is like no other. I'm prepared for his new ritual!

4. Joker: Folie à Deux - I loved the first film so inevitably is very anticipating. I hope it will surprise me like the first one.

3. Megalopolis - I think this is the bet of the year. The dude sold his own business to make this film. If the film delivers and is successful it will set the world of fire. I hope Coppola delivers his last masterpiece.

2. The Way of the Wind - Not sure if this will come out this year but I always hope that
a) It will come out this year
b) I will love a Terrence Malick film because the last one was Tree of Life...

1. Dune Part 2 - I'm counting days since the first one, a bit of cliche but these are the Star Wars films that I wanted to see as a kid.

Year seems mediocre as far as big movies go but here's my list

1. Dune Part 2 - Duh

2. Furiousa - I will be honest, the trailer let me down. Visually, it looks worse than Fury Road without doing anything new. I am still massively excited and hopeful but the trailer was definitely a let down.

3. Megalopolis - It's Francis Ford Coppola. I am instantly in.

4. Hope (Na Jong-Hin) - Not sure if this will actually release in 2024. But I love the filmmaker of this (did The Wailing) and the premise sounds very exciting.

5. The Way of the WInd - Always in for a new Terrence Malick film

6. Trap - New Shyamalan. Wasn't big on Knock at the Cabin but I think he is one of the best voices in film right now and I am always hopeful for a serious return to form from him.

7. Terrifier 3 - Loved the last one so I'm excited for this.

8. Return to Silent Hill - Loved the first Silent Hill and the same filmmaker is back

9. Longlegs - Oz Perkins is hit or miss but the premise intrigues me

10. Mickey 17 - Didn't like Parasite so cautious on this one. But I hope Bong Joon Ho gets back to form here

Pit180 wrote:
February 19th, 2024, 11:32 am
This year looks quite grim on paper but I'm always optimistic that it is a great opportunity to find any hidden gems.

10. Kinds of Kindness - New Lanthimos movie with the screenwriter Filippou who penned my favourite of his movies(The Lobster and Dogtooth)!

9. Bird - Big fan of Andrea Arnold and it's been a while since American Honey. Bring it on!

8. Furiosa - Loved Fury Road but the trailer disappointed me. Cautiously optimistic on this.

7. The Lord of the Rings: The War of the Rohirrim - This could end up being bad, however I think that if it is good it will create a new trend for animation in Fantasy which I think it is the best medium for Fantasy novels. I hope it delivers!

6. Anora - New Sean Baker film, I am already sold! Neon is behind it so it will be a favourite for Cannes ;).

5. Nosferatu - I am here for any Robert Eggers film. The way this guy portrays mysticism is like no other. I'm prepared for his new ritual!

4. Joker: Folie à Deux - I loved the first film so inevitably is very anticipating. I hope it will surprise me like the first one.

3. Megalopolis - I think this is the bet of the year. The dude sold his own business to make this film. If the film delivers and is successful it will set the world of fire. I hope Coppola delivers his last masterpiece.

2. The Way of the Wind - Not sure if this will come out this year but I always hope that

1. Dune Part 2 - I'm counting days since the first one, a bit of cliche but these are the Star Wars films that I wanted to see as a kid.
Malick has made like 4 films since Tree of Life...

MaxContract wrote:
February 20th, 2024, 1:19 am
Pit180 wrote:

I didn't say he hasn't directed a movie since Tree of Life :). I haven't loved one of his since Tree of Life. I have seen all of them but I didn't like most of them and I didn't love any.
I found To the Wonder, Knight of Cups almost unwatchable. Song to Song and Hidden Life kind of okay and I liked Voyage of Time.

Pit180 wrote:
February 20th, 2024, 6:00 pm
MaxContract wrote:
February 20th, 2024, 1:19 am
Pit180 wrote:

I didn't say he hasn't directed a movie since Tree of Life :). I haven't loved one of his since Tree of Life. I have seen all of them but I didn't like most of them and I didn't love any.
I found To the Wonder, Knight of Cups almost unwatchable. Song to Song and Hidden Life kind of okay and I liked Voyage of Time.
Oh okay, my bad. I did love Song to Song and A Hidden Life though Tree of Life is definitely better. The other 3 were just okay imo.