Game of Thrones (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Vader182 wrote:I haven't seen any reaction here, I'm talking about the ratings from most review sites I visit.

-Vader
You just reinforced my mockery, thank you.

Sandy wrote:Alright, these are my thoughts:
One of my favorite episodes this season, up until that abysmally stupid last 5 minutes. I hope Dany gets shit on next season. Good stuff though:

1. Tywin is a badass. Great scene with him and his son and grandson.
2. I could watch a 3 hour Stannis Baratheon movie. Although I'm very happy Gendry got away.
3. Arya Begins.
4. Nikolai Coster-Waldau and the Rose Leslie can give great performances with a bare minimum of dialogue.
Overall, 55 minutes of a great episode.

edit: I forgot one thing
ramsay what the fuck ramsay no
Spot on. :clap:

First of all, I don't understand why anyone would dislike this finale, the last scene was pretty fucking epic.

Second, Arya is a fucking badass.

and
I loved the fact that headless Robb with Grey Wind's head was put in, I think I would have cried if it wasn't referenced in some way.

also "The Dead Starks" should totally be a band

Cilogy wrote:First of all, I don't understand why anyone would dislike this finale, the last scene was pretty fucking epic.

and
I loved the fact that headless Robb with Grey Wind's head was put in, I think I would have cried if it wasn't referenced in some way.

thoughts on
1. pork sausage
2. stannis/melisandre/davos

I really liked this episode it was filled with fantastic dialogue, and many good scenes. For a finale it didn't have anything huge, but rather packed with more consistancy, and a finish that will please most. The standouts were Stannis/Melisandres/Davos, Arya, and Cersei for me. All of those storylines were fantastic, despite
The short interaction between Jaime, and Cersi(I WANTED MORE!!!!) fucking emotional
Other thoughts...
WTF YGRITTE!!!! :evil:

The last scene was good, and beautifully done, but Daenarys story still isn't very intriguing for me. It wont mean much in the long run though, and her storyline relies on these moments that try to be epic, and sometimes fall short.
Last edited by Durden on June 10th, 2013, 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Durden wrote:I really liked this episode it was filled with fantastic dialogue, and many good scenes. For a finale it didn't have anything huge, but rather packed with more consistancy, and a finish that will please most. The standouts were Stannis/Melisandres/Davos, Arya, and Cersei for me. All of those storylines were fantastic, despite
The short interaction between Jaime, and Cersi(I WANTED MORE!!!!) fucking emotional
Other thoughts...

The last scene was great, and beautifully done, but Daenarys story still isn't very intriguing for me.
I was ready for your comments on Ygritte. Rose Leslie sure sold that scene. And I'm glad someone agrees with me about Dany.

Only Dany fanbots would be pleased with that ending imo.

Such an awful/predictable ending for a finale. Sigh.

Sandy wrote:
Durden wrote:I really liked this episode it was filled with fantastic dialogue, and many good scenes. For a finale it didn't have anything huge, but rather packed with more consistancy, and a finish that will please most. The standouts were Stannis/Melisandres/Davos, Arya, and Cersei for me. All of those storylines were fantastic, despite
Other thoughts...

The last scene was great, and beautifully done, but Daenarys story still isn't very intriguing for me.
I was ready for your comments on Ygritte. Rose Leslie sure sold that scene. And I'm glad someone agrees with me about Dany.
Yeah I struggle between wanting to like the ending more than I actually did, her story line feels somewhat forced at times, but the execution is rather good at times when drawing emotion. Apart of me was disappointed when I saw her in the last scene thinking, how are they going to make this an epic ending without being predictable. I wont say it was abysmal, but in terms of ending a season it fell short in terms of that HOLY SHIT factor like the previous seasons.

Sandy wrote:
Cilogy wrote:First of all, I don't understand why anyone would dislike this finale, the last scene was pretty fucking epic.

and

thoughts on
1. pork sausage
2. stannis/melisandre/davos
1. tasty

I've honestly never been quite interested in the Stannis storyline, but Davos seems like a good chap, and that scene pretty well done.

Lets all give a hand to Cunningham for his terrific and heartfelt performance tonight. :clap: