Game of Thrones (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
LelekPL wrote:
July 19th, 2019, 7:50 am
Batfan175 wrote:
July 19th, 2019, 3:02 am
There's also the fact that people who read the spoilers for the least 3 episodes gave the lowest possible ratings to those episodes to drag down the average grade on websites like Imdb, which is just such childish and infantile behaviour.
But it's just a TV show so people giving it low scores on the internet shouldn't bother you either. It's meaningless.
That same Batfan will come into MCU thread and tell you how ‘it’s just a movie’ and tell you how bad it is that anyone is watching it and be a complete hypocrite so yeah. Can’t wait for another GOT meltdown whenever someone tries to say something bad about it.

But is it going to win the majority of all those nominations?

That's the question

LelekPL wrote:
July 19th, 2019, 7:50 am
Batfan175 wrote:
July 19th, 2019, 3:02 am
There's also the fact that people who read the spoilers for the least 3 episodes gave the lowest possible ratings to those episodes to drag down the average grade on websites like Imdb, which is just such childish and infantile behaviour.
But it's just a TV show so people giving it low scores on the internet shouldn't bother you either. It's meaningless.
That's true but it's still childish regardless.

Vader182 wrote:
July 19th, 2019, 1:58 am
Allstar wrote:
July 19th, 2019, 1:47 am
I mentioned I get it’s the ending but I still feel people looked past the flaws in previous seasons. To me I still find certain things way more frustrating in previous seasons than this one and I’ve had time to marinate it.

Some of the meltdowns has to do with head canon aka Dany being the hero.
its easy to go "okay well S7 might've been a let down but it's just setup for season 8"

-Vader
Main thing is that season 8 is finishing character's arc. Whatever Jaime or Theon did, people were waiting to see where it would lead, before criticising. We didn't know the moral of the story.
People thought Dany's story was one of empowerment, and it was the opposite. Had it happen before (and in some ways it did), people would have been waiting to see where it would lead. Here, the characters won't come back for redemption,
Jaime and Dany are definitely doomed.

Demoph wrote:
July 19th, 2019, 5:04 pm
Vader182 wrote:
July 19th, 2019, 1:58 am
Allstar wrote:
July 19th, 2019, 1:47 am
I mentioned I get it’s the ending but I still feel people looked past the flaws in previous seasons. To me I still find certain things way more frustrating in previous seasons than this one and I’ve had time to marinate it.

Some of the meltdowns has to do with head canon aka Dany being the hero.
its easy to go "okay well S7 might've been a let down but it's just setup for season 8"

-Vader
Main thing is that season 8 is finishing character's arc. Whatever Jaime or Theon did, people were waiting to see where it would lead, before criticising. We didn't know the moral of the story.
People thought Dany's story was one of empowerment, and it was the opposite. Had it happen before (and in some ways it did), people would have been waiting to see where it would lead. Here, the characters won't come back for redemption,
Jaime and Dany are definitely doomed.
So people had trouble dealing with the endings for their favourite characters? Sounds like they had a problem with the outcome itself, not the execution. It's almost as if GRRM had said for years that the people yearning for power are the true villains of the story, no matter what their motivations are.

Is everybody criticizing GOT season 8 wrong or do they simply need to adjust what they’re criticizing so that the positives greaty outmatch the negatives and everybody accept the one and only consensus - it is a near flawless masterpiece? Asking for a friend.

There’s a reason Hall H was pissed B&W decided to skip the announced panel for the final season. The heat was ON.

Edit: Aaand, the panel is officially over, they blocked fan questions right at the start. The entire event was incredibly staged and they blamed the media for the backlash in front of a room full of people who watched the season.

m4st4 wrote:
July 20th, 2019, 2:07 am
Is everybody criticizing GOT season 8 wrong or do they simply need to adjust what they’re criticizing so that the positives greaty outmatch the negatives and everybody accept the one and only consensus - it is a near flawless masterpiece? Asking for a friend.

There’s a reason Hall H was pissed B&W decided to skip the announced panel for the final season. The heat was ON.

Edit: Aaand, the panel is officially over, they blocked fan questions right at the start. The entire event was incredibly staged and they blamed the media for the backlash in front of a room full of people who watched the season.
Lol, it's not a flawless masterpiece, are you kidding? But it was great having a fantasy show get the attention of viewers who usually don't give a crap about fantasy for so many years and be an anticipated phenomenon of the cultural zeitgeist.

The reason people were pissed is that they were thinking that D&D owed them some kind of explanation. GRRM doesn't owe you any more books and D&D don't owe you anything other than making the show. The show's now out there, go engage with that because that's likely all you're gonna get.

Batfan175 wrote:
July 20th, 2019, 3:05 am
The show's now out there, go engage with that because that's likely all you're gonna get.
I accepted the fact and don't really care that much about WoW, if it happens, it happens. DoS won't though, I don't see a chance.

I will most likely engage with the entirety of GoT in a couple of years, right now it's just fun for me to observe it as a phenomenon.

Just for posterity, here are a couple of links from 2016 where D&D and HBO confirmed the endpoint of the show, long before anything Star Wars-related was brought up:
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live- ... end-886845
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live- ... end-917534

In the recording for episode 7 of season 7 D&D also said that they had already finished the first draft of season 8. That commentary track was likely recorded in August of 2017, months before the Star Wars announcement, which was made in February 2018.

So if people are trying to tell you that these guys were just lazy and trying to rush the ending just so they could get to Star Wars, here's some useful information to debunk and counter nonsense like that.

‘Media-led’ hate campaign... :?

Million and a half people signed that stupid petition to change s08, was that also media?

B&W left the cast out in the cold.