Game of Thrones (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Allstar wrote:
Now Where Was I ? wrote:More detailed reaction to the ep
-Bran: great atmosphere, terrific new Children of the Forest design and Van Sydow is such genius casting. Can't wait for next week
-Arya: Who are you? No One? Great... :blank: Moving on... (the payoff to that storyline better be good, because except a couple of scenes, it's awful since the beginning of S5)
-Sansa/Theon farewell almost brought tears to my eyes. Great acting from both actors
-Surprised to see Roose going out so soon.
-Dinklage is so good he makes Meereen tolerable. The Dragons scene was amazing
-Really great Lannister family drama in King's Landing.
-Pilou Asbaek looked terrific as Euron. Great scene.
-The Wall had the best stuff, but I must agree with others that Davos' role feels a bit wrong in this. Cunningham is so great I don't really give a damn. And that ending wow.
Not enough explosions in Arya storyline?

Also how does Davos' role feel wrong?
Arya wrestles with questions of purpose and identity and all that makes her who she is...but who cares, we wanna see her kill people. Maybe her story could be about how her quest for revenge is futile and not worth pursuing and her realising it? I don't think she will, ultimately but that's what's at stake here, no? Why would that not be interesting?

Allstar wrote:
-Bran: great atmosphere, terrific new Children of the Forest design and Van Sydow is such genius casting. Can't wait for next week
-Arya: Who are you? No One? Great... :blank: Moving on... (the payoff to that storyline better be good, because except a couple of scenes, it's awful since the beginning of S5)
-Sansa/Theon farewell almost brought tears to my eyes. Great acting from both actors
-The Wall had the best stuff, but I must agree with others that Davos' role feels a bit wrong in this. Cunningham is so great I don't really give a damn. And that ending wow.

Why is Davos so invested in Jon to have him resurrected? Their relationship wasn't well established before. And Davos' confidence in Melisandre powers also feels weird, it's not consistent from what we know from him. And that's without saying I'm fearing they're going to forget Shireen.

Now Where Was I ? wrote:
Allstar wrote:

Why is Davos so invested in Jon to have him resurrected? Their relationship wasn't well established before. And Davos' confidence in Melisandre powers also feels weird, it's not consistent from what we know from him. And that's without saying I'm fearing they're going to forget Shireen.
Because Davos was the one who convinced Stannis to go to the Wall in the first place once he was informed of the otherworldly threat lurking beyond the Wall. He believes the struggle is real and without Stannis he has to find new purpose

My thoughts on Ramsey
Then: awww he's just a child with daddy issues, he'll come around and make everyone proud...
Now: omg there is no coming back from this! Daddy never loved you anyways.

Now Where Was I ? wrote:
Stannis is a lost cause nowhere near him, he's trying to deal with the situation in front him. Jon believes in the threat of the White Walkers more than anybody and that is why Davos came to the Wall with Stannis to begin with. Stannis also greatly respected Jon and Davos was aware of that. Davos has seen Melisandre do some crazy shit, it is not unreasonable he went to her in pure desperation. Hopefully Shireen is addressed for sure, that would be odd if not.

Allstar wrote:
Now Where Was I ? wrote:
Stannis is a lost cause nowhere near him, he's trying to deal with the situation in front him. Jon believes in the threat of the White Walkers more than anybody and that is why Davos came to the Wall with Stannis to begin with. Stannis also greatly respected Jon and Davos was aware of that. Davos has seen Melisandre do some crazy shit, it is not unreasonable he went to her in pure desperation. Hopefully Shireen is addressed for sure, that would be odd if not.
Yeah good points. But I still don't get why he would be so desperate about it though.

‘Game of Thrones’ Star Maisie Williams Teases Return of a Long-Lost Character
“Game of Thrones” star Maisie Williams has revealed that a long-lost cast member will return on the show’s sixth season — the young Rickon Stark.

The actress, who plays Arya Stark on the popular series, was on air with BBC Radio 1 when someone called in and asked her whether Rickon will make a comeback.

“Ye-es,” she replied. “Yes. Maybe.”

Shortly after she added “Yes we will indeed. Oh no, I’m literally going to get off the air and someone’s going to e-mail me!”

Rickon, the youngest Stark, was last seen in Season 3, Episode 9 alongside Bran Stark. Bran instructed wildling Osha to bring Rickon to Last Hearth, the seat of House Umber, whose Lord Greatjon Umber was a great bannerman to the Stark family.

Nina Gold's casting work in the industry goes unnoticed. Shes a genius

Couple days ago I came across an image of Billy Crystal's character from The Princess Bride standing over Snow's body saying his famous "he's only mostly dead" line, but now I can't find it

just wanted everyone to know I made an effort

aha!