Game of Thrones (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Allstar wrote:All that rambling and such little insight. Sad!
If you cannot find anything interesting in terms of themes and ideas in the episodes and the show in general I cannot help you.

You did not address anything I said, you just rambled about stuff I wasn't even talking about.

Allstar wrote:You did not address anything I said, you just rambled about stuff I wasn't even talking about.
I did: SHOWING the awfulness and consequences of violence is better than having a character TELLING the audience. Plus, if
ian McShane plays Septon Meribald we might get that famous speech of his.
The oftentimes abhorrent depictions of violence make the best case for peace imo.

dafox wrote:Image
:lol:

Sad because he was really well cast and good in the role, could have been truly great if they gave him in the material.

Allstar wrote:
dafox wrote:Image
:lol:

Sad because he was really well cast and good in the role, could have been truly great if they gave him in the material.
Indeed. I think his whole scene could fit onto that little scroll.

Such a shame they killed him off. I really expected him to deliver the "with Fire and Blood" line during this season. The only Dornish folks I cared about were Doran and Trystane lol, the Dorne arc is fucked. It's going to be a tough call to actually make something out of it.

There's no such thing as a Dornish arc on the show. Looks like the whole thing was done to

1-Give something for Jaime to do
2-Introduce The Sand Snakes that must have some big role in the future

Perhaps not "Dornish arc" but you can't simply ignore them now altogether. Surely they get to do something but again, I highly doubt it's going to be anything that would redeem them a bit. Most logical outcome is that they travel to Meereen or kill Tommen..

Agree with a majority of this Q&A: