Game of Thrones (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
i liked most of that but the pacing is ridiculous

also
dany's fleet:

what the fuck was that
also
the opening 25 minutes did sell the cost of the battle extremely well, but the fact we don't see get a glance into Jon's internal reaction to his entire central conflict being overwith is kind of bullshit. Not to mention a scene between him and Arya, or him thanking her or...anything. So bizarre. At least they have a scene acknowledging the "WTF" lord of light stuff.

I honestly find the whole Stark vs Dany thing tedious even if it's largely in character. It's 100% fact that they would all be dead without Dany, and Sansa refusing to acknowledge that is...something else. I believe she would angrily hold onto the North, but the whole thing is undeveloped due to the rushed pace. I dunno man.

also seems like they're pushing the Dany Mad Queen narrative kinda sorta out of nowhere? like yes she keeps trying to genocide people, and she just burned the Tarlys and all that, but she's been her most reasonable, collected self all season long and again, just helped save the entire realm.
this episode felt like 3 or even 4 shoved together it was bizarre

-Vader

Was a great episode until this wtf stuff-
why didn’t Cersei kill Tyrion when he was in the open field and made her intentions clear killing Missandei

And wtf are they doing with jaime again?! So frustrating, after everything Cersei did and he witnessed with the Army of the Dead, Cersei sending Bronn to kill him and his whole speech to bran “I’m not that man anymore” this is what he chooses?!.
Last edited by Allstar on May 5th, 2019, 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Allstar wrote:
May 5th, 2019, 10:42 pm
why didn’t Cersei kill Tyrion when he was in the open field and made her intentions clear killing Missandei

And wtf are they doing with jaime again?! So frustrating, after everything Cersei did and he witnessed with the Army of the Dead this is what he chooses?!.
because she loves Tyrion but wishes she didn't

that tywin programming is intense

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
May 5th, 2019, 10:46 pm
Allstar wrote:

And wtf are they doing with jaime again?! So frustrating, after everything Cersei did and he witnessed with the Army of the Dead this is what he chooses?!.

-Vader
don’t buy that at all. She tried to have him killed at Blackwater, wanted him killed during the trial in season 4 for killing her child in her mind. Killed her mother in her mind as well. That doesn’t add up.

Allstar wrote:
May 5th, 2019, 10:50 pm
Vader182 wrote:
Allstar wrote:

-Vader
don’t buy that at all. She tried to have him killed at Blackwater, wanted him killed during the trial in season 4 for killing her child in her mind. Killed her mother in her mind as well. That doesn’t add up.
She didn't kill him after they made a 'truce' last season. How do you not buy that? After Tyrion sat down with her and talked last season the stuff in those previous seasons went away.

She doesn't think he's responsible for Joffrey's death anymore, and at least in show canon Joffrey tried to have him killed at Blackwater, not Cersei. Not to mention Tyrion made a sincere plea to her. I dunno, the whole point is that the Lannister's blind spots are always their own family due to Tywin's rantings.
PS why isn't it winter in the south anymore lol (is that a spoiler? I don't think so)

-Vader

I actually don’t buy that
Jaime won’t play a part for the good in the end
Was it ever Winter there yet? I honestly can’t remember. The only thing I can think of was Jaime riding off at season 7 and snow falling but I can’t remember where that was. Can’t remember tho.
Last edited by PowerDump on May 5th, 2019, 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bootsy wrote:
May 5th, 2019, 10:51 pm
Allstar wrote:
May 5th, 2019, 10:50 pm
Vader182 wrote:

-Vader
She didn't kill him after they made a 'truce' last season. How do you not buy that? After Tyrion sat down with her and talked last season the stuff in those previous seasons went away.
that was a fake truce when she promised her army North.

PowerDump wrote:
May 5th, 2019, 10:53 pm
I actually don’t buy that
Jaime won’t play a part for the good in the end
Was it ever Winter there yet? I honestly can’t remember. The only thing I can think of was Jaime riding off at season 7 and snow falling but I can’t remember where that was. Can’t remember tho.
lol that was kings landing

-Vader

Mad Queen stuff is lit. Everything else sucked.

They destroyed Jaime’s entire growth in one scène...