Game of Thrones (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
LelekPL wrote:
May 5th, 2019, 12:56 am
radewart wrote:
May 4th, 2019, 11:09 pm
Now Where Was I ? wrote:
May 4th, 2019, 10:50 pm
I was hoping for a base hit ending from D&D at least. I wasn’t putting that much importance in the ending for my appréciation of the show in general.

With what just happened they need a walk-out grand slam.

That episode may just have killed any rewatch in the future. Let’s hope for some more context in the last 4 hours
Honest question: Did "The Dark Knight Rises" lessen your enjoyment of "The Dark Knight" and "Batman Begins?"
It's a great movie, rated higher than BB by critics and fans alike, so I don't see how it would.
Kinda similar in that it was a hyped-up conclusion to a story that was viewed underwhelming by a portion of critics and fans.

Point is people that don't like TKDR, don't let it ruin their enjoyment of the Dark Knight. It's the same with other movies and sequels. However, many do not have that same attitude with TV, a bad final season taints all the good that came before.

Must say I'm quite excited to see what episode 4 has in store.
The more I think about it, the better I think it is that the White Walker invasion has been averted.

Nomis wrote:
May 5th, 2019, 12:19 pm
Must say I'm quite excited to see what episode 4 has in store.
The more I think about it, the better I think it is that the White Walker invasion has been averted.
I agree.
I just don't see how they could have done it differently. They were always going to lose the battle. Of course they could have had a less stupid strategy, but in the end, they were bound to lose the battle, so their only chance was to kill the night king.
I wish the dragons had play a bigger part in killing the night king, I wish we had seen a big battle on the wall, won by the dead when they cross the wall, to validate the fact they are as threatening as teased (or the massacre of last hearth, anything to remind us of Hardhome, and that the living can't win).
But in the end, it feels the only way to beat the NK was Arya killing him using Bran as a bait. And it wouldn't have been any better to wait two episodes to show the scene.

spoilers are out in the wild for episode 4 so tread carefully

(I Haven't read them, spoiler tag is response to the last couple posts)
i hope there's a big twist the rest of the season, like the NK comes back, Jon/Bran have to become a new NK, etc, cuz there's so fucking much left unresolved and hanging but maybe the show can economically make it feel satisfying I dunno.

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
May 5th, 2019, 1:03 pm
i hope there's a big twist the rest of the season, like the NK comes back, Jon/Bran have to become a new NK, etc, cuz there's so fucking much left unresolved and hanging but maybe the show can economically make it feel satisfying I dunno.

-Vader
Yeah same...
I'm too invested in the white walkers, the mythology, the magic, the Bran shit and the religions. If they don't get explained/used a lot more before the end it's gonna feel like a terrible payoff. Sure the show's greatest strenght is the drama and the intrigue between characters. But that's not an exuse to sweep everything else under the rug.
Still have hope though

Vader182 wrote:
May 5th, 2019, 1:03 pm
spoilers are out in the wild for episode 4 so tread carefully

(I Haven't read them, spoiler tag is response to the last couple posts)

-Vader
Prior to the spoilers of ep4 leaking (I haven't read those) there were theories of Jon having to stab Daenerys through the heart at some point but instead of killing her she becomes the Night Queen or something. I don't know what to think about that other than that's such a 180 on Daenerys lol and I doubt it will end up being true.

Anyway, it could be that the White Walkers return in some sort... Maybe Qyburn has created more undead like The Mountain or they fuck something up which results in someone becoming a White Walker lol

Whatever happens, I'd be more than glad if the White Walker aspect of the story was over and done when the Night King was stabbed by Arya. It seems like a fitting end and like I said, I think the living characters are so much more interesting than the White Walkers. Also, Cersei is a fully fledged character while the Night King... Was just a personification of Death and they defeated it. I mean, you live or you die there is no middle ground.

Avoid twitter and searching game of thrones.
There's video leaks of two character deaths for this episode...one really pisses me off about how stupid it looks

How the hell does HBO keep letting these eps leak? This is absurd.

lol who really thinks HBO lets that happen :lol:

Nomis wrote:
May 5th, 2019, 5:20 pm
lol who really thinks HBO lets that happen :lol:
The point, over your head. They should have extra security measures to prevent this from happening, especially the final season.
Last edited by Allstar on May 5th, 2019, 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.