Game of Thrones (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Kinda late to the party but yeah, masterful episode, best of the season by far and one of the best of the whole series. Certainly the biggest and greatest battle scene the show has ever done. Sapochnik must come back next year at all costs and possible direct more than two.
I loved the Meeren stuff, probably for the first time it was done superbly. Greatly acted by Clarke and Dinklage. The dragon CGI was spot on, I thought. Glad it's getting better because last year's stuff on Meeren's pit were quite rickety. A very interesting dynamic between Dany and Yara as well. I wonder what part will Euron have from now on.

The battle was extraordinary. Incredibly shot, choreographed and edited. It felt claustrophobic and scary, just like Hardhome. The tracking shot was perfect. Glad that Davos and Tormund survived. Now bring on the Tormund/Brienne romance! :lol:

As for Sansa, she couldn't know that LF will come to help for sure. Also, as someone already said, if Ramsey knew about the Knights of the Vale he might have followed a different strategy. She took a difficult decision that cost many lives including her brother's but it was a risk worth taking. Sansa's becoming a really great character and I really enjoy the dynamic between her and Jon.

Next episode should be insane. Some heavy shit will go down in King's Landing. Dany will probably sail to Westeros. Intrigued to see how things will settle in the North, with Jon, Sansa and LF. Also, I feel Davos will kill Melisandre. The Freys will certainly bite the dust and maybe Arya will be a part of it. I'm quite curious to see what Jaime's role will be. And, of course, as the title of the episode suggests, the Whitewalkers will probably bring down the wall and the Winter will arrive.

The battle was brilliant alright. I can't decide whether it was better than Watchers Of The Wall. Still more impressive were some of the characters like Sansa and Ramsay considering they haven't had the best of seasons. This episode is definitely my favorite Ramsay moment. The opposite can be said of Jon. I don't think I've seen a titular character as nonessential and frankly dumb as this one. It almost made it difficult for me to invest in the fight.

And Dany and Yara...

MeLVaNoaTe wrote:The battle was brilliant alright. I can't decide whether it was better than Watchers Of The Wall. Still more impressive were some of the characters like Sansa and Ramsay considering they haven't had the best of seasons. This episode is definitely my favorite Ramsay moment. The opposite can be said of Jon. I don't think I've seen a titular character as nonessential and frankly dumb as this one. It almost made it difficult for me to invest in the fight.

And Dany and Yara...
Jon
behaves like a Stark, which is why he doesn't believe that Ramsay is as cruel as Sansa makes him out to be, which is why he gets played. Theon got played too because he needed to trust someone in his moment of weakness. Ramsay's just good at exploiting people's weaknesses, in Jon's case his love for his brother. Sansa warned him that Ramsay would likely pull something like this and this is where Sansa and Jon differ: she has learned how to not do the noble thing if it gets you hurt so she has to anticipate and second-guess other people's intentions. Jon has not been in her circumstances, which is why he often takes what other people tell him at face value. He did not grow up around backstabbing scumbags who say one thing and then do the opposite like Sansa did. He has mainly fought against wildlings, deserters and White Walkers. Those are opponents who give an accurate first impression of what they are about. Ramsay is not that kind of guy and Jon overestimates himself in his assessment of that person he has not known how to fight yet.

Just rewatched it. I felt as excited and exhausted as the first time. Holy fucking shit.
There's definitely something going on with Sansa. She almost feels happy to see her brother in such pain when she saves the day with LF. Like she knows he'll be in debt for her? I don't know, but I can't wait to see how it resolves next week

emilia_clarkeAnd exhale.
It's episodes like tonight that make me SO GODDAMN PROUD to be a part of BEST SHOW ON TELEVISION! Fact.
Clarke is almost as cringey and egotistical as the character she plays here.

Allstar wrote:
emilia_clarkeAnd exhale.
It's episodes like tonight that make me SO GODDAMN PROUD to be a part of BEST SHOW ON TELEVISION! Fact.
If that's true that quote is not proof of it. Your bias is annoying.

-Vader

I have never once seen an actor say it was a FACT there show was the best on TV. Ever. Insulting to other brilliant shows.

LOVED this shot:

Allstar wrote:I have never once seen an actor say it was a FACT there show was the best on TV. Ever. Insulting to other brilliant shows.

LOVED this shot:

Tons of actors/directors/creatives in general overpraise their current project. How many times has so and so said "x movie is the best movie I've ever worked on"? It's a pretty reasonable thing to say. If you're on a baseball team you have to believe your team is the best even if you know you're not the yankees. I frankly don't care about Clarke either way and I think her acting varies from bad to okay to great depending on the writing (although I do like her writing this season). But going after her for every little thing is unbecoming.

-Vader

Forum Pro
Law
Allstar wrote:
emilia_clarkeAnd exhale.
You love hating on this innocent, beautiful soul.

Yeah, I'm just being a hater lol.

I actually normally like Clarke's persona from interviews and social media. She seems pretty fun.

Lmao @ Law.