Game of Thrones (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
she's already affected the plot in a major way with Brienne and likely Jaime.

Allstar wrote:
she's already affected the plot in a major way with Brienne and likely Jaime.
That can be achieved in other ways on the show though.

It's good that the mentally retarded of Riverrun are given job opportunites but I'm not sure "High Ranking Military Commander" should be one of them.

One of the weaker eps of the season tbh. The Edmure/Jaime scene is really the only thing that stuck with me along with the good KL stuff.

Next ep looks incredible though, hopefully no other storylines appear cough Dany cough.

This has to be one of the weakest episodes of Game of Thrones ever. It felt like a whole lot of nothing. I don't know if it was the direction, writing, editing, or what but what "happened" in the episode was good and made sense and seemed compelling but just....nothing.

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:This has to be one of the weakest episodes of Game of Thrones ever. It felt like a whole lot of nothing. I don't know if it was the direction, writing, editing, or what but what "happened" in the episode was good and made sense and seemed compelling but just....nothing.

-Vader
Extremely underwhelming for an ep 8 especially. The Hound stuff just seems like useless drivel thus far.

Well I'm glad we can knock Lady Zombie Revenge out of the realm of possibility

Only filler ep of the season I think

Allstar wrote:
Vader182 wrote:This has to be one of the weakest episodes of Game of Thrones ever. It felt like a whole lot of nothing. I don't know if it was the direction, writing, editing, or what but what "happened" in the episode was good and made sense and seemed compelling but just....nothing.

-Vader
Extremely underwhelming for an ep 8 especially. The Hound stuff just seems like useless drivel thus far.
Yeah, just confounding all around.

I take that back though. The Jaime stuff was absolute trash. They're just completely assassinated his character.

-Vader

Don't disagree there. The Jaime/Edmure scene was more praise worthy because of Edmure ( because the cringe inducing Cersei line and "murdering every Tully that ever lived" still made my eyes glaze over).

Interesting that
They subverted the trial by combat cliche. Could or could not be in the books, we will see. But it does fall in with what George does.