Game of Thrones (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Vader182 wrote:
August 1st, 2020, 2:11 am
Allstar wrote:
August 1st, 2020, 1:39 am
Batfan175 wrote:
August 1st, 2020, 1:36 am

It's a good ending and also at least it is an ending. A book series without an ending, especially when he has all the time in the world to finish it, would be pretty embarrassing.
Lol.

And seriously fuck off, it’s not “embarrassing” to not finish a massive complicated series. What is “embarrassing” is your blind apologism for this show and how you post on this forum in general.
jeez

-Vader
Ain't people just lovely?

Also, @Allstar: Let's pretend for a moment that you're right and most people disliked the ending....so what lol? The general consensus about a bunch of things you think are good is probably pretty negative too. I tell you, what about 'art is subjective' don't people get? It's not difficult.

After thinking about that ending, yea that was just a mess. But Jon's ending (in that little montage) still hits me just as hard as the first time I watched it. Definitely broke me

I'm so confused. Why is Allstar telling Batfan to fuck off when they both liked the ending of this show and the entire last season?

Like Allstar was simping hard for D&D, literally on the verge of sending those two his nudes and he kept going after "SJW's" who critiqued the show and like now he's telling someone who agrees with him to fuck off?

Like bruh I am so confused what is going on here.

He got some time to cool off.

That's not how tv/cinema works and I expect an actor to know this. Art isn't a transaction like when you buy a burger and get a sandwich instead. But most people online aren't interested in looking at art: they view this stuff as transactional ('I invest time and money so I am entitled to X ending because I am the customer and the customer is always right'....except that's not how art works at all). You have someone make a piece of art and then people look at it and comment on said piece of art but you as merely someone who was looking at the painting can't demand Leonardo da Vinci paint another Mona Lisa just because you happen to not like her smile and signing a petition to do so looks foolish.
I also don't think as many people dislike the ending as various think pieces are claiming. The people who liked the ending just liked it and generally didn't make a big deal out of that fact and moved on so now they don't necessarily feel the need to actively affirm their appreciation for the show, since it ended a year ago.
But the people who can't let go of their hatred for either the show or the people who worked on the show are the ones I'm vary of. Bashing D&D has become the Orwellian Two Minutes of Hate for those people.