Game of Thrones (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Demoph wrote:
April 16th, 2019, 4:25 pm
As much as Jorah will never stop to defend Dany, I think Tyrion could change side. He respects Jon and Sansa, and his allegiance to Dany is based on his respect for her and her conviction that she will be a good queen. In the next episode, Dany could blame Tyrion for having been played by Cersei, condemn Jamie, refuse to bend the knee to Jon... All of which could make Tyrion change side. At the same time, Arya telling Jon to not forget he's a Stark may imply that the real conflict may be between Dany and Sansa (and not Dany and Jon) with Jon failing to take political leadership, and choose between them.
I find it hard to imagine a scenario in which Dany ends up winning, and she may realize it in the next episode, which could lead her to extreme reaction.
I think all conflict will be part of episode 2, but they will most likely not be resolved before the battle. Which will make the battle all the more interesting. I can't imagine episode 3 being anything else than a masterpiece.
Perhaps the upcoming battle will push Daenerys further to put her personal struggles aside. Assuming she won't make a decision about whether or not she'll support Jon as King of the Seven Kingdoms. I can see something as kinetic as a battle for survival if not a race to the South be the thing that makes Daenerys see how vital it is that she sides with Jon instead of opposing him. Also, let's not forget that either Sansa or Daenerys is the younger Queen who overthrows Cersei.

The Daenerys/Sansa dynamic is going to be intense as fuck. I love how good Turner and Clarke were in the first episode, you can feel and almost see the little lightning bolts in Sansa's eyes lol

I must say, it's still something to get used to, that Daenerys is in such a troublesome position. Season 6 and 7 gave Clarke a lot more interesting material to work with but considering this is only the first episode of 8, I think she'll have a great season ahead. And by great I mean a ton of material to encompass. Not necessarily it being triumphant for her... I just hope Jon knocked her up, so much for incest lol

Nomis wrote:
April 16th, 2019, 5:43 pm
Demoph wrote:
April 16th, 2019, 4:25 pm
As much as Jorah will never stop to defend Dany, I think Tyrion could change side. He respects Jon and Sansa, and his allegiance to Dany is based on his respect for her and her conviction that she will be a good queen. In the next episode, Dany could blame Tyrion for having been played by Cersei, condemn Jamie, refuse to bend the knee to Jon... All of which could make Tyrion change side. At the same time, Arya telling Jon to not forget he's a Stark may imply that the real conflict may be between Dany and Sansa (and not Dany and Jon) with Jon failing to take political leadership, and choose between them.
I find it hard to imagine a scenario in which Dany ends up winning, and she may realize it in the next episode, which could lead her to extreme reaction.
I think all conflict will be part of episode 2, but they will most likely not be resolved before the battle. Which will make the battle all the more interesting. I can't imagine episode 3 being anything else than a masterpiece.
Perhaps the upcoming battle will push Daenerys further to put her personal struggles aside. Assuming she won't make a decision about whether or not she'll support Jon as King of the Seven Kingdoms. I can see something as kinetic as a battle for survival if not a race to the South be the thing that makes Daenerys see how vital it is that she sides with Jon instead of opposing him. Also, let's not forget that either Sansa or Daenerys is the younger Queen who overthrows Cersei.

The Daenerys/Sansa dynamic is going to be intense as fuck. I love how good Turner and Clarke were in the first episode, you can feel and almost see the little lightning bolts in Sansa's eyes lol

I must say, it's still something to get used to, that Daenerys is in such a troublesome position. Season 6 and 7 gave Clarke a lot more interesting material to work with but considering this is only the first episode of 8, I think she'll have a great season ahead. And by great I mean a ton of material to encompass. Not necessarily it being triumphant for her... I just hope Jon knocked her up, so much for incest lol
Imo, Dany's most challenging times on the show were in Meereen in season 5 where she made lots of decisions that led to many disagreements, both within the show and among viewers as to her qualities as a leader. Season 6 allowed her to reassert herself again and in season 7 she was very much convinced of the righteousness of her cause and her position and this led her to make decisions that turned out to hurt characters we love like Samwell and this in turn will very likely impact the way she interacts with others at Winterfell...in fact it already has, since Jon now will be unable to look at her the same way.

Man, the freaking kid! Stephen King would be proud.

https://winteriscoming.net/2019/04/17/j ... t-balance/
During the panel, Dempsie promised that season 8 has “the perfect balance” between character development and action. He implied that this was a step up from season 7, which interviewer Jamie East described as a bit of an ‘Avengers assemble’ moment. “That’s totally what season seven was all about, wasn’t it?” Dempsie asked. “‘Character development?’ ‘Nah.’ ‘Story?’ I really need to shut up now!” Well, HBO can’t fire you anymore. Go ahead!
That's good news.

lol yeah

Season 7 really was getting through some major things and putting people at the right place for season 8 to start

Okay hear me out, spoiler warning:

I'm getting pretty anxious about this season already and it's mostly build on something I just found out. Now, I don't know if this is "common knowledge" or something as to people who kept an eye on production and marketing and whatnot. So I'll put it in spoiler tags of course. Beware of spoilers:
What I wanted to talk about was, in a review of episode 1 of this season, I read that episode three will feature the battle at Winterfell... And that's a surprise to me. I was, sadly, aware that they have had the longest night time battle scene ever for this season and given the trailer of the whole season and what the cast talked about, it's the battle against the dead at Winterfell. Directed by Sapochnik no less, who's directed episodes 3 and 5 on the show. Not to forget that the third episode is the longest of the season (even only by a few minutes compared to the last three).

Having said that, I guess the shows most prominent battle is going to be midway through? I have all sorts of fears. Even more so because atm, being one episode in, a whole lot of characters are in fact at Winterfell.

Nevertheless, I was surprised to find out, prior to the season airing, that they were actually quite vocal about the extensive night shoots. Even the actors saying they're in it and HBO showing some of it off in the trailer...

What do you think? Am I right being at least a little bit upset about this actually being something out there if you happen to stumble upon it?

I thought every fan knew this already? ^

That’s what makes the rest of the season more interesting. It’s not a spoiler btw.

Nomis wrote:
April 17th, 2019, 5:50 pm

I'm getting pretty anxious about this season already and it's mostly build on something I just found out. Now, I don't know if this is "common knowledge" or something as to people who kept an eye on production and marketing and whatnot. So I'll put it in spoiler tags of course. Beware of spoilers:
What I wanted to talk about was, in a review of episode 1 of this season, I read that episode three will feature the battle at Winterfell... And that's a surprise to me. I was, sadly, aware that they have had the longest night time battle scene ever for this season and given the trailer of the whole season and what the cast talked about, it's the battle against the dead at Winterfell. Directed by Sapochnik no less, who's directed episodes 3 and 5 on the show. Not to forget that the third episode is the longest of the season (even only by a few minutes compared to the last three).

Having said that, I guess the shows most prominent battle is going to be midway through? I have all sorts of fears. Even more so because atm, being one episode in, a whole lot of characters are in fact at Winterfell.

Nevertheless, I was surprised to find out, prior to the season airing, that they were actually quite vocal about the extensive night shoots. Even the actors saying they're in it and HBO showing some of it off in the trailer...

What do you think? Am I right being at least a little bit upset about this actually being something out there if you happen to stumble upon it?
Frankly, I think they've kept their secrets really well. They have to market their big battle. I have absolutely no idea what is going to happen in episode 4, 5, 6. I'd suppose Cersei and Euron will still be around, but I don't know anything else. And there will definitely be a lot of big battles in episode 5 and 6; maybe even 4, but it could also be focused on the aftermath.
By the way they never clearly confirmed it was episode 3, I think, but it would be a big twist if the battle of winterfell ended after 15 minutes, and then the big battle was episode 5.
Also I think having the battle early in the season 'd be great, because so much is going to change in the relations between characters.

Also some member of the cast announcing they're part of the battle is not a problem, they are just teasing it, and I have no idea if Emilia Clarke shot on the ground with the others or if she only shot with green screen on the side. And even if Jon said that every man and woman from 10 to 60 should be ready to fight, I have no idea if Sansa, Tyrion, Missandei and some other are going to end up fighting. It would be dope to see Sansa with a sword.

Nomis wrote:
April 17th, 2019, 5:50 pm

For one thing we don't even know if the battle at Winterfell will be the end of the White Walker. It's either they just managed to push The White Walker back or that they lost and are being pushed to the south and regroup. I mean the battle against the White Walker will be the biggest battle but it does not make it as it should be the closing of GoT. The White Walker was just something that got in the way of the battle for the Seven Kingdoms. There are scores to be settle after the battle at Winterfell is over.

Aight thanks, glad to know it's not a huge spoiler or anything.
I guess quite some characters will meet their fate* at Winterfell in episode 3, I figure the Night King and his army will not be defeated there which means the survivors have to flee and regroup further down South. That would be the most interesting outcome imo, that the Northern army has been decimated but they face Cersei and the Golden Company in the South and the Night King is hunting them from the North. Should also make for a nice intro credits, with slowly but surely the country getting more and more covered in ice...

I guess Yara taking back the Iron Isles is going to play a bigger role than thought. I mean, the Night King actually can reach there with undead Viserion... But there's got to be some point to it, no?

*which means more screen time for the survivors in the second half of the season... All the more interesting imo. Still, it makes me afraid as to who will actually bite the dust at Winterfell. Maybe Beric's whole point to being kept alive was to make sure at least Jon could make it out of Winterfell or something.