Game of Thrones (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
poplar wrote:
I have a question regardin this Red Wedding. What happened to soldiers of Robb Stark after his death. All of them turned to Lannisters or what? How many soldiers was there? I just don't geit it.
They were put up in camps outside the Twins [the Freys' castle]. Check the promo of the season finale - you can see they are all in flames.
The Starks' men were given lots of booze during the wedding celebrations and then were massacred by the Frey soldiers.

Now Where Was I ? wrote:I'm really anxious about AFFC/ADWD merging together for the TV adaptation. Yes, it's the thing the writers need to do but
book spoilers
How the hell will they cover 9 locations in a season, it's gonna be tough as hell to keep focus...and I'm not sure if I forgot one or two
King's Landing
Riverlands (Jaime/Brienne)
The Eyrie
Iron Islands
Dorne
Samwell's journey
Bran's journey
Tyrion's journey
The Wall and cities near it
Yeah, Books 4 and 5 will be hell to adapt.

BOOK SPOILERS follow!

Since there's still a lot to happen, I wonder how much of Book 4 and 5 they're going to put with next years season?! I haven't read those yet but considering the ending of 3 of which I think should stay the same and be in episode9 and 10
Battle at the Wall, 60 minutes long only the Wall, in episode 9 with episode 10 ending with Petyr killing Lysa. But I guess therefore also with Tyrion killing Shae and Tywin...
I'm confused.. How are they filling the next season up? I know there's plenty to happen (I wrote quite a bit a few pages back) but still... There should be some of 4 and 5 already in the next season if they want to combine 4 and 5 into one season after that... And then doing one season of Book6 which isn't released yet. Or the second half of 5.... :? :?
So far I can only think of moving Dany's story up, that she'll get betrayed and takes Mereen in the first half of next season but continuing it right away instead of just stopping like in the book..

These are the actors submitted for contention for Emmy's-
GAME OF THRONES:
Supporting Actor -- Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, Peter Dinklage, Kit Harrington
Supporting Actress -- Emilia Clarke, Michelle Fairley, Lena Headey
Guest Actor -- Ciaran Hinds
Guest Actress -- Diana Rigg
While I love the fact Coster-Waldau and Fairley on there the rest I totally take issue with not including the guest actors of course. Coster- Waldau and Fairley both NEED to be nominated and recognized for their amazing work. It is bs that they shortchanged Fairley the last few eps leading up to 9 to give more to Robb but whatever. Catelyn has always been the heart of the Stark family. Coster-Waldau not an issue needs to nominated but having Harrington over Dance... I mean really. :| And Clarke over Williams. :| :| :| :| Do they not take her seriously because she is a child actor or something? Either way just come out with noms for Coster-Waldau and Fairley and I am thrilled. /Rant

George R.R. Martin will be on Conan tonight. This is must watch television folks.

Headey hasn't even had much screen time this season...although she kills it when she does. Its hard to nominate people on this show, everyone is so good, and the screen time is so split.

I tend to find standouts.

This guy is awesome.

Remember this scene from season 1? :cry:

Now Where Was I ? wrote:This is one of the greatest episodes of TV ever, but it's not an episode I want to see again soon if you know what I mean...it is so emotionally tough to see once
I feel the same. It is one of the greatest episodes ever IMO and I hope in time it will be thought as that by many.
I've also never seen anything more haunting/disturbing in a TV show.