Game of Thrones (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Eh, I feel like he did a few things that "took me out of it".
Also Sansa's behavior is a bit odd or stupid (seeing Jon utterly desperate and still not revealing what she has in a one on one convo (potentially costing him his life, could have been more strategic.) Also the idea that Ramsay's utterly loyal dogs would betray him is a bit far fetched, don't care how hungry they are they're fiercely loyal animals. But whatever is convenient I guess. But the idea of portraying Ramsay as a Hitler esque figure was pretty genius.
Is it possible Jaime gets killed off next week at the twins? Did not expect him to be there.

Extraordinary episode

The battle was out of this world. Extraordinary. That
tracking shot
made me go completely nuts

and Meereen was incredible.
The dragon sequence and the Ironborn meeting (that sexual tension between the queens holy shit)...and it's so fun just to see Dinklage and Clarke together
My only nitpick is Sansa. She had the best lines of the ep and some great moments, but
her strategy cost hundreds of lives, if not thousands. I just don't understand why she didn't tell Jon about the Vale Army, there's some weird thing going on between these two.
Really hyped about the finale. Especially the
Sansa/Littlefinger
scene

Now Where Was I ? wrote:Extraordinary episode

The battle was out of this world. Extraordinary. That
tracking shot
made me go completely nuts

and Meereen was incredible.
The dragon sequence and the Ironborn meeting (that sexual tension between the queens holy shit)...and it's so fun just to see Dinklage and Clarke together
My only nitpick is Sansa. She had the best lines of the ep and some great moments, but
her strategy cost hundreds of lives, if not thousands. I just don't understand why she didn't tell Jon about the Vale Army, there's some weird thing going on between these two.
Really hyped about the finale. Especially the
Sansa/Littlefinger
scene
Thoughts on
the part
where
the thing happens
?

Yara and Daenerys will definitely fuck. The sexual tension was crazy.

Now Where Was I ? wrote:My only nitpick is Sansa. She had the best lines of the ep and some great moments, but
Yeah. Thought that was dumb too. I understood why would she not say a thing before but... that was just totally irresponsible.

I could've been without the multiple arrows piercing poor Rickon's corpse though.

No need to mutilate him onscreen. Fucking heartless.

MyCocaine wrote:
I could've been without the multiple arrows piercing poor Rickon's corpse though.

No need to mutilate him onscreen. Fucking heartless.
Ramsay is heartless.

Is Sansa pregnant with Ramsay's child? He says, that he's part of her now.

Though he could be referring to the mental scars he inflicted upon her.

It would be quite wicked if Ramsay got the last laugh by having Sansa dying in childbirth.

Wow, what an episode. That was some truly epic stuff from start to finish.
So glorious to see the 3 dragons wreak havoc on the Masters' fleet. Greyworm killing those two Masters was so smoothly done. And watching the Dothraki decimate the Sons of the Harpy felt so satisfying.

The meeting with the Greyjoys was great too. Guess Dany is all set to leave for Westeros in the finale!

And now we head to the main course! The battle was superb - that tracking shot had me on the edge of my seat. So grittily shot, so frakking realistic. Gods, I have goosebumps just thinking about the trampling scene.

I got the feeling that Sansa had planned it all out - she deliberately provoked Ramsay by telling him that he would end up dead the next day. That combined with Jon's offer of one-on-one combat provoked him to come out to the battlefield, as he was completely sure that he would win.

This is probably why Sansa withheld the information about the army of the Vale coming to help them. If Ramsay had got any whiff of this through his scouts, he would have stayed within Winterfell fully prepared for a siege. What a gamble, but it paid off in spades.

Ramsay played Jon by killing Rickon in such a ghastly manner right in front of him, but ultimately it was Ramsay who got played by Sansa. Superb!

And that final scene. Felt so good to see Ramsay get a taste of his own medicine. Sophie Turner truly killed it in that scene! :clap: Gotta hand it to Iwan Rheon - he's such an amazing actor. I look forward to following his acting career.

Is Davos gonna kill Melisandre in the finale? OMG.

Now Where Was I ? wrote:My only nitpick is Sansa. She had the best lines of the ep and some great moments, but
I think Sansa
is playing the game of thrones, which involves people dying needlessly because of the personal motivations of others so I'll take it as a commentary on the futility of the game. Plus, she had no idea of knowing if LF would decide to help her after she'd rejected him earlier and hence I think she didn't want to tell Jon about something that could get him to change his battle plans but might not actually happen, and hence potentially end up in failure. I think she clearly trusts Jon to be a Stark but Starks get played and Sansa is much closer to LF, since visually they're in the same shot when the Vale army arrives and she also does not look away when Ramsay bites the dust. She's a changed person. I ultimately don't endorse her choice not to tell Jon, since it ended up helping them win but I don't think it was a given that it would go this way in her mind until LF actually showed up.