Game of Thrones (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
m4st4 wrote:
July 30th, 2019, 12:36 pm
Batfan175 wrote:
July 30th, 2019, 12:27 pm
m4st4 wrote:
July 30th, 2019, 11:54 am
They’re allowed to change their opinion... In 30 years?!? Holy shit you’re mad. :lol:
Picked a random number.
Just stop harrasing people every time they have a problem against this series. Can you let at least one opinion fly or is it your life mission to spam everybody to the ground svery single time?

You have no chill.
I do not think I have spammed or harassed anyone by writing a couple of paragraphs in this thread in a respectful manner (if the people I responded to have a different impression I wish to apologize to them). If you know what my opinions are on various things that just means you've been around long enough to see me post my thoughts on the things I feel passionate about. Admittedly, to you it might be repetitive and feel like spam and a wasteful exercise but I do not tell you how to spend your time.

Imo I have not been impolite to anyone here by responding but since I am passionate about this and like to express my admittedly very long opinions with which you do not like to engage I get the feeling that you are trying to paint me as the unreasonable one each time I comment. I have nothing against you personally but I'd appreciate it if in future your attitude towards me was less hostile so that we can all have respectful conversations...like the one I was trying to have before you tried to pick apart something I wrote in passing and told me I had no chill when I clarified what I wrote.

I don't tell you not to constantly write or respond in Star Wars, MCU or other threads so please extend me the same courtesy, thank you.

I know that you do not think that, and you did. And everybody else knows it. Often says it out loud as well. I don’t understand how that’s still not loud and clear enough for you.

https://m.emmys.com/sites/default/files ... one%20.pdf
Drogon lands out of sight beyond the top of the stairs. Jon climbs the stairway. When he nears the top he sees Dany, already dismounted, walking towards him. For a moment, Drogon’s unfolding wings spread behind her back, an unsettling image. Her Satanic Majesty’s Request.
Drogon wants to burn the world but he will not kill Jon.
He breathes fire on the back wall, blasting down what remains of the great red blocks of stone.
We look over Jon’s shoulder as the fire sweeps toward the throne-- not the target of Drogon’s wrath, just a dumb bystander caught up in the conflagration.
He sits in the Hand’s chair. How the fuck did this happen? How the fuck did he end up here, alive, with power he no longer wants or believes he deserves?
He glances around at the other chairs surrounding the table.
Hmm.
BRAN
And Drogon? Any word?
SAMWELL
He was last spotted flying east.
BRONN
The farther away the better.
BRAN
Perhaps I can find him. Do carry on with the rest.

That’s weird. But so is the new king.
ARYA
I’m not going back north.

News to Jon and Sansa both.

SANSA
Where are you going?
ARYA
What’s west of Westeros?

Jon and Sansa look at each other. They both failed geography.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by Nomis on July 31st, 2019, 5:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: spoilers

We all know that it wasn't a decent ending to this saga, but, as a guy who also writes screenplays, I must say, god damn, this is so good writing.

Hmm.

A good ending and a funny script as well. Couldn't ask for more.

Imagine being such a fanboy to think this crap was meant to be funny

Nistopher Colon wrote:
July 31st, 2019, 4:02 pm
Imagine being such a fanboy to think this crap was meant to be funny
They don't take themselves too seriously. I can appreciate that, as well as the fact that there are still people out there who are not Annie Wilkes-level obsessed with nerd stuff.

Let me translate to english: "It doesn't fall apart if you only don't think about it too much!"

Nistopher Colon wrote:
July 31st, 2019, 4:17 pm
Let me translate to english: "It doesn't fall apart if you only don't think about it too much!"
Or maybe treat it like what it actually is: a tv show and not the end of the world and that neither one of the writers deserve to be shunned and excommunicated from society for making a tv show you just happened to dislike?

Besides, it doesn't fall apart. All the necessary building blocks were there for several seasons. People can say "it's not the ending, it's the execution" all they want. People liked it when the show denied them what they wanted...until the final season when all of a sudden, Jon should have killed the NK instead of Arya or Jaime should have done X instead of Y, etc. They liked it when the show subverted their expectations but when the show finally revealed its plans for Dany's role in the story that's when everyone shut up about wanting subversive fantasy. "The food is bad but also there's not enough of it" is how I call that kind of discourse. Again, it's easier to say 'the writing's bad' than to admit 'I was wrong about the story and the characters'.