Game of Thrones (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
oracle86 wrote:Pretty sure we've talked about this in the Game of Thrones thread three months ago.

It sounds nice, but only in theory - the problem is that the Tales of Dunk and Egg series consists of 3 short stories so far - that's it. GRRM is in the process of writing a 4th short story. So we can't have a fullblown show; perhaps a miniseries like Sherlock where each story is adapted into a 90 minute episode would be the best way to go. And since this occurs 100 years before A Game of Thrones, there will be no overlap of actors and so production could take place simultaneously.

TBH, I'm far more interested in the science fiction series and the historical drama that he's pitched to HBO. Hope something fruitful results from these talks.
Actually Martin confirmed he was making 9 of these books.

'Game of Thrones' casts major season 4 role: Oberyn the Red Viper -- EXCLUSIVE
The most anticipated new role coming to the fourth season of Game of Thrones has been filled.

Prince Oberyn Martell will be played by Chilean actor Pedro Pascal, who has previously had arcs on CBS’ The Good Wife, ABC’s Red Widow and USA’s Graceland.

For those who haven’t read the books, here’s a spoiler-free description of the character: Oberyn is a brash, charming, cunning prince of Dorne (part of the Seven Kingdoms of Westeros). His sister Elia was brutally murdered by the Lannister knight Gregor “The Mountain” Clegane when Mad King Aerys was overthrown by Robert Baratheon and the Lannisters. In season four, Oberyn comes to King’s Landing with revenge on his mind.

Also: Nearly every Thrones character has a nickname and Oberyn has one of the coolest: The Red Viper.

“This was a tough one,” say showrunners David Benioff and Dan Weiss about the casting. “The Red Viper is sexy and charming, yet believably dangerous; intensely likable, yet driven by hate. The boys love him, the girls love him, and he loves them all back. Unless your last name is Lannister. We found a fellow who can handle the job description and make it seem effortless. He wasn’t easy to find and he won’t be easy to stop.”

HBO hasn’t yet announced its Comic-Con plans, but if you’re headed to San Diego, it’s safe to assume Thrones will have a presence this year. Game of Thrones returns in 2014.
http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/06/28/thron ... er-oberyn/

IWatchFilmsNotMovies wrote:'Game of Thrones' casts major season 4 role: Oberyn the Red Viper -- EXCLUSIVE
The most anticipated new role coming to the fourth season of Game of Thrones has been filled.

Prince Oberyn Martell will be played by Chilean actor Pedro Pascal, who has previously had arcs on CBS’ The Good Wife, ABC’s Red Widow and USA’s Graceland.

For those who haven’t read the books, here’s a spoiler-free description of the character: Oberyn is a brash, charming, cunning prince of Dorne (part of the Seven Kingdoms of Westeros). His sister Elia was brutally murdered by the Lannister knight Gregor “The Mountain” Clegane when Mad King Aerys was overthrown by Robert Baratheon and the Lannisters. In season four, Oberyn comes to King’s Landing with revenge on his mind.

Also: Nearly every Thrones character has a nickname and Oberyn has one of the coolest: The Red Viper.

“This was a tough one,” say showrunners David Benioff and Dan Weiss about the casting. “The Red Viper is sexy and charming, yet believably dangerous; intensely likable, yet driven by hate. The boys love him, the girls love him, and he loves them all back. Unless your last name is Lannister. We found a fellow who can handle the job description and make it seem effortless. He wasn’t easy to find and he won’t be easy to stop.”

HBO hasn’t yet announced its Comic-Con plans, but if you’re headed to San Diego, it’s safe to assume Thrones will have a presence this year. Game of Thrones returns in 2014.
What are your thoughts? I haven't gotten that far in the books yet, but some people are whining.

Shouldn't he be more.. Black?

Anyway, I guess they picked the right actor for the job.
I'm looking forward to the you know which scene :P

Copy. Paste.

Sandy wrote:
IWatchFilmsNotMovies wrote:'Game of Thrones' casts major season 4 role: Oberyn the Red Viper -- EXCLUSIVE

What are your thoughts? I haven't gotten that far in the books yet, but some people are whining.
I haven't really seen him in anything to form a proper opinion. I think he will certainly look the part once we see him in costume. With GoT track record on casting decisions, I am confident this guy will deliver.

ImageImage

IWatchFilmsNotMovies wrote: I haven't really seen him in anything to form a proper opinion. I think he will certainly look the part once we see him in costume. With GoT track record on casting decisions, I am confident this guy will deliver.

ImageImage
Hot damn the illustration of the Viper is badass as can be. I'm probably about a month away from reaching his part in the books, and I'm incredibly excited.

For anyone who has read the books can you tell me how the tv show follows the books.

For example:
season 1 = book 1
season 2 = book 2 and 3

grifball wrote:For anyone who has read the books can you tell me how the tv show follows the books.

For example:
season 1 = book 1
season 2 = book 2 and 3
Season 1 = book 1
Season 2 = book 2
Season 3 = roughly 2/3 of book 3, minus some stuff that they're waiting for season 4

Of course, a lot of stuff was cut from the TV shows because there's just so much stuff in the books.

grifball wrote:For anyone who has read the books can you tell me how the tv show follows the books.

For example:
season 1 = book 1
season 2 = book 2 and 3
Season 1 = book 1
Season 2 = book 2
Season 3 = a little more than half of book 3

Expect Season 4 to finish book 3 and possibly sprinkle in some stuff from books 4 and 5.