Game of Thrones (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
at least nobody faked their death to become a lumberjack

I have to give D&D credit where it's due. This was one of the finest written episodes of the show's entire run, with many of my favorite scenes, lines of dialogue, and revelations, all handled with surgical precision, and often, beauty.

Many of the biggest turns not only make sense, but retroactively make sense out of previous perceived plot holes and misperceptions, tethering 8 seasons into a shockingly cohesive tapestry.

It's imperfect, and destined, or maybe even designed, to divide and provoke debate, and I can't imagine anything truer to what this series has always been about. I'll have a lot more to say later.

But I loved the LOST finale, so fuck me right?

-Vader

I laughed at one of the reviews saying this episode was regressive because the small council
is all male...

Really, that’s your review? People who only think politics and get offended on something they shouldn’t are a cancer to this world.

PowerDump wrote:
May 20th, 2019, 1:40 am
I laughed at one of the reviews saying this episode was regressive because the small council
is all male...

Really, that’s your review? People who only think politics and get offended on something they shouldn’t are a cancer to this world.
It wasn’t all male. Brienne was on it.

Half the negative reviews on rotten tomatoes this season has seemed to be about GOT's "mistreatment" of female characters.

radewart wrote:
May 20th, 2019, 1:50 am
Half the negative reviews on rotten tomatoes this season has seemed to be about GOT's "mistreatment" of female characters.
Haha, it truly is hilarious. I’d bet D & D meant nothing by it and it’s coming off as an attack to certain people.

lmao I just realized
Davos offered the reach to unsullied to start a lineage when they don't have dicks
-Vader

Thank you D&D and most importantly GRRM for this brilliant world and storytelling. And now my watch has ended.

They actually did it; they saved the worst for last. Frankly I don't see how anyone who is more than a casual viewer of GoT would like the finale.

Very nice finale,
no big twists, but characters arcs are mostly brought to satisfactory conclusion.
Also Dwajadi nailed it, again.
I think the scenes between Tyrion and Jon and the one between Jon and Dany are where the show always lead. They really brought home Tyrion's character, and retrospectively made all his mistakes from season 6 up to now much more comprehensible. It'll add on rewatch.
Pefectly fitting conclusion for Arya, wonder if it'll be the same in the book, the small council will most likely not be the same.
About the cast, I think this season, the best were Clarke, Dinklage, Coster Waldeau, Headey and Christie, though they all did great work.