Game of Thrones (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
That's true, though it seemed he was applying that point more to the Night King. They could of started fighting at the end of the battle as they moved through the Winterfell to the Godswood, making sure to finish off the remaining good guys kinda like they did at Hardhome.

Episode 4 images here

Nutter directed this episode. I really liked his work on the first two episodes this season and he directed quite some good episodes in prior seasons too.

BlairCo wrote:
April 30th, 2019, 6:42 am
RIP Ser Jorah, my favourite GOT character.
What. But why?

Nomis wrote:
May 1st, 2019, 6:02 pm
Episode 4 images here

Nutter directed this episode. I really liked his work on the first two episodes this season and he directed quite some good episodes in prior seasons too.
David Nutter's last name always gives me the giggles. I'm 15, apparently.
I'm fond of "The Rains of Castamere" and "Mhysa", but imo his other episodes have been rather unremarkable.

Sapochnik is more my thing. (I love "The Winds of Winter")

The Winds of Winter is indeed amazing. Sapochnik has got a great eye for spectacle but intrigue just as much.

Sapochnik actually wanted to direct episodes four and five this season but the creators insisted on him directing the third so the second one was the fifth.

Does someone know how much Sapochnik and Dwajadi work together? Light of the seven and the Night King themes fit perfectly with the editing and I was wondering if they worked together like a director and a composer do on a film, and what part do D&D play in their collaboration? Listening to interviews, it seems that D&D just gave Sapochnik total freedom for last sunday's episode.

I can't get enough of this. In-fucking-credible!

I rewatched the episode last night in a high quality torrent.

Gotta admit, my visual complaints with the episode were almost all related to the quality of Crave's stream (Canada's HBO Go). Honestly HBO should do something about it, all my friends watch it this way, having this bad of a quality is embarrassing.

All my story problems are still there though.

Nomis wrote:
May 2nd, 2019, 5:31 am
The Winds of Winter is indeed amazing. Sapochnik has got a great eye for spectacle but intrigue just as much.

Sapochnik actually wanted to direct episodes four and five this season but the creators insisted on him directing the third so the second one was the fifth.
I thought Miguel said he couldn’t do all three because it would kill him so he told them he’d do two instead of three.

Demoph wrote:
May 2nd, 2019, 6:11 am
Does someone know how much Sapochnik and Dwajadi work together? Light of the seven and the Night King themes fit perfectly with the editing and I was wondering if they worked together like a director and a composer do on a film, and what part do D&D play in their collaboration? Listening to interviews, it seems that D&D just gave Sapochnik total freedom for last sunday's episode.
I remember Sapochnik saying that the felt the opening scene of the Winds of Winter needed something to really stitch the sequence together, and that was a piece of music Dwajadi then composed. The work was great and I think it's one of the best sequences of Game of Thrones there is.

@NowWhereWasI?: Wouldn't it be cool if HBO would also allow UHD/HDR streaming? This would definitely have been great to see in UHD/HDR. In fact, I'd absolutely LOVE it if they'd make that an option with GoT in the future. I definitely want to rewatch the whole thing down the line again but if they make it available in that format then that'd be even better.

@shauner111: Yes, he only wanted to direct two because of the sheer enormity of the productions but I still find it very interesting that he himself picked the fourth and fifth episodes and not the third as being one of his two initial choices.

On Kimmel, Clarke implied that episode 5 would be
the biggest of all.