Game of Thrones (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Allstar wrote:
Master Virgo wrote:Now that's more like it. No Clarke, no Dorne,
:lol:

Let's be honest though, the real reason this episode was on point was the quality of the writing and structure.
That and more interesting stuff happening.£

Fuck yeah. Maybe not an all timer but a very high point for so early in the season. Virtually every scene was great to amazing and the structure and rhythm were spot on. Brilliant, really.

-Vader

Wish Dave Hill would write more eps. This dude gets it.

Allstar wrote:Wish Dave Hill would write more eps. This dude gets it.
It's weird. Since like, the premiere had a lot of content that "should" have been on par with this. It just shows that what literally "happens" is equally as important, more or less, as how it's executed on a line by line / visual level. Normally this goes without saying but it's been especially obvious in the disparity between these two sequences.
I do like how matter of fact Jon coming back was, without much fanfare. Davos casually asks, she trepidatiously does her stuff, everyone around is kind of...this probably won't work but what the hell.... and nobody is shocked when it seems not to work. Then BAM. It feels like classic Game of Thrones in how the casual realism of it creates a more powerful moment than if it was superficially built up up up. Which, in contrast, was how most of Season 5 felt. And that's just that scene. Most of this episode had a similar sense o what makes Game great and how to play to all those strengths.

-Vader

Oh hell yes. Wonderful episode all around. Such a great feeling not to know where we're heading. Judging from next episode's preview, some pretty exciting stuff may happen.

Great episode. I feel since we got the big cliffhangers in the last episode of season 5 the preimiere was more like the aftermath of all the crazy stuff that went down before and we're definitely moving into the endgame. The Ironborn stuff is already more interesting than anything they did in Dorne last year. Only good things can come from this hopefully.

More detailed reaction to the ep
-Bran: great atmosphere, terrific new Children of the Forest design and Van Sydow is such genius casting. Can't wait for next week
-Arya: Who are you? No One? Great... :blank: Moving on... (the payoff to that storyline better be good, because except a couple of scenes, it's awful since the beginning of S5)
-Sansa/Theon farewell almost brought tears to my eyes. Great acting from both actors
-Surprised to see Roose going out so soon.
-Dinklage is so good he makes Meereen tolerable. The Dragons scene was amazing
-Really great Lannister family drama in King's Landing.
-Pilou Asbaek looked terrific as Euron. Great scene.
-The Wall had the best stuff, but I must agree with others that Davos' role feels a bit wrong in this. Cunningham is so great I don't really give a damn. And that ending wow.

What a brilliant episode! Superb pacing, every scene was just so good. A+ for me. Euron was frakking amazing. I had goosebumps just listening to his dialogues. And that final scene was a masterstroke. Hats off! This is the Game of Thrones that we all love so much.

:clap: :clap: :clap:
BTW, Lyanna was perfect.

Ramsay is the best villain on television. Bar none!

Samuel R. Jankis wrote:Ramsay is the best villain on television. Bar none!
It helps that he has a goal and that he sticks to achieving that goal. Characters without such a purpose often have a harder time getting a consistent personality. He is pretty terrifying....but he's worse in the books :S.