Your Home Theater Setup

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
darthnazgul wrote:Gonna be moving soon, and I'll have room for my own setup. I was wondering if I could get some advice on quality and pricing of the components I'm trying to get. Would you guys have any recommendations on HD projectors? I was thinking of getting a 50 inch HDTV, but a projector might work better for the room I'll be using. Also, any surround sound system recommendations? I was thinking maybe a sound bar below the screen and some speakers for the back.
Depends 100% on your budget and viewing conditions. Light controlled room? Etc

-Vader

Thanks for the advice Jax.
Dream-Xtractor wrote:
darthnazgul wrote:Also, any surround sound system recommendations?
First things first, what is your budget? How much are you willing to spend?
Well, it's kind of subjective. The place that I'm moving to is a little rundown, and the planned home cinema is going to be in an outhouse that needs renovating itself. Some of the money is inevitably going to making it habitable, so right now the budget is a rough estimate of £800-1000 (that's around $1300-1600).

Viewing conditions are also going to be a bit of seeing what sticks. The plan right now is that the room will be very light controllable with dimming lights.
Last edited by darthnazgul on October 21st, 2013, 7:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

I have 7.1 Onkyo surround sound, and I love it.

fuk u guys n ur fancy shit

Updated pics. Pretty sure the last ones were back in the MovieMate/pre-ceiling mount era.

TehBatGetsBraked wrote:fuk u guys n ur fancy shit

Forum Pro
Law
Crazy Eight wrote:Updated pics. Pretty sure the last ones were back in the MovieMate/pre-ceiling mount era.

Damn he looks huge

Crazy Eight wrote:Updated pics. Pretty sure the last ones were back in the MovieMate/pre-ceiling mount era.
So crisp. Looking great :thumbup: