Your Home Theater Setup

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Been searching for a good HT on the internet for a while now. So I thought it would be nice if some of you could show off your setups here and post a brief review or two. Would really help me in deciding the brand and model( though there is a fat chance of the US models being available in India :lol: )

PS : I've been thinking about onkyo-3300 lately, it has got some pretty good reviews on the net. Is someone using it or know anything about it?

for a good home theater setup you'll need at least 10000$ that meaning sound+video HQ/HD .

I'm sorry but I don't know that many people that will invest (especially at our age) 10.000$ in some home theater... so I don't know how many of the guys in here could answer but there are some who work in domain and they know much more about the brands and etc. :D

@waveking - The best home theatre system in my opinion is BOSE. I have it and it's great. Works better, the sound and catches every little sound detail even though you don't see it on the screen. Looks better and beautiful as well.

Here is the link

http://www.boseindia.com/ since you are in India.

For the all in one packages, Bose is the best. But if you have the money and time to design your sound system, Klipsch is the best in my opinion. I haven't heard Klipsch's all in one systems, but given there price I'm sure they are comparable and on the high end even better then Bose.

I was going to start a post just asking people what his/her setup is at home, but Chee, ever persistant on locking all my new threads (:lol:) probably would prefer me to just ask everyone here!

Currently: The life of a poor college student isn't awesome.

I'm running my Vizio XVT473SV LED, and aside of some blooming here and there, it's absolutely amazing. Still regular speakers, but when its just me watching I run the optical from my PS3 into the turtle beach dss (dolby digital converter) into my HD595 headphones, not a bad setup at all.

My next big jump is a 7.1 system.

What about you guys?

...I have a TV.

chee wrote:...I have a TV.
basically

all the fancy shit is for fools

talli wrote:
chee wrote:...I have a TV.
basically

How? It makes the experience so much better.

I have a Bose speaker I got for christmas and use for everything, a standard DVD/VCR player And a flat-screen we got for free off of air-miles!

:roll:

I'm running everything I'll list right now aside from the NXG speakers and Marantz receiver, which I'll be installing in the walls (the speakers that is) next monday. Currently I have cheap Sony speakers filling in for the NXG's.

Epson Movie Mate 72 Projector (720p)
Sony BDP-S370 Blu-ray player
100" Automatic Elite Screen
Marantz NR1501 Receiver
Six NXG NX-C80LCR 8" speakers
PSB 8C center channel
Klipsch RPW-10 Subwoofer

Basically, watching movies at my place is fucking awesome. :D