Copenhagen Cowboy (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Wait, the Goose is in this?

So this was great. Not as commercial as Drive, but much more accessible than OGF. I'd say it's as accessible for general audiences as the first hour of the Neon Demon, before the film gets purely metaphoric and abandons plot.
There are many plots here, with great characters. NWR's feminism is deeply moving, and his use of violence seems more controlled than usual (the camera often cuts away from very violent scenes, on the contrary of OGF, although it's of course still quite bloody), and his hero Miu is a very inspiring figure.
The scene with the baby at the end of episode 2 is one of the most beautiful thing Refn has done.
The villains are very good too.
The fight scene are perfectly shot, and in spite of a small budget are much more exciting to watch than whatever I saw in other super-hero TV show on Disney+.

Also it is gorgeous to watch. Of course you get the usual beautiful shots through strong contrasts of colors that Refn is known for, but there are also a lot of beautiful shots in the forest with natural light, which surprised and amazed me, considering NWR's issue to see colors.

Now I'm going to need a second season. And considering it's on Netflix, it makes me very worried we won't get it although I don't think it cost that much money.