She-Ra (Amazon) (TBA)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
A live-action She-Ra show is in early development at Amazon and while DreamWorks animation (who were behind the 2018 to 2020 animated Netflix show) are executive producers, the live-action show will have its own standalone story and will not be connected to the recent animated show. there is currently no writer attached to the show:
https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/she-ra ... 235061288/

See, this could be fun. I loved the recent Netflix animated show but I also enjoy different versions of these characters. I remember watching the old he-man and She-Ra episodes as a kid (which had terrible animation and no plot to speak of) and even the 2002 He-Man reboot (it features Hordak for like an episode and a half but got cancelled). All of those shows ranged from terrible to generic edgy stuff but I was impressed by the recent Netflix show's emphasis on the characters and themes.

In terms of a live action show, I'd say it really depends on the execution imo. The 80s He-Man live action movie's only saving grace was Frank Langella as Skeletor so there is a lot of room left for improvement but I do hope they keep the LGBT-friendly elements that Noelle Stevenson emphasised in her show.