NOPE (2022)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Looks awesome. Super excited. Gotta ask though, between this and Oppenheimer, has Hoytema moved to the desert?

Uno
Sky007 wrote:
February 13th, 2022, 11:59 am
i believe this was shot on film (listed on Kodak’s website). mix of 35mm and 65mm for IMAX. clear why Hoyte was brought on!

Universal is gonna separate themselves from other studios with this sort of showmanship from their premiere filmmakers.
Correct me if i'm wrong, but this might be shot on 65mm film cameras only, on both standard 5-perf and IMAX 15-perf. I noticed the whole trailer was in 2.20:1 (Just like Dunkirk and TENET), which is the standard aspect ratio for 70mm film.
Hopefully they release 70mm prints for this film! I'm very intrigued :D

Forum Pro
Uno wrote:
February 14th, 2022, 10:23 am
Sky007 wrote:
February 13th, 2022, 11:59 am
i believe this was shot on film (listed on Kodak’s website). mix of 35mm and 65mm for IMAX. clear why Hoyte was brought on!

Universal is gonna separate themselves from other studios with this sort of showmanship from their premiere filmmakers.
Correct me if i'm wrong, but this might be shot on 65mm film cameras only, on both standard 5-perf and IMAX 15-perf. I noticed the whole trailer was in 2.20:1 (Just like Dunkirk and TENET), which is the standard aspect ratio for 70mm film.
Hopefully they release 70mm prints for this film! I'm very intrigued :D
You are correct. Hopefully there are prints! All I know is that they didn't make prints for First Man which had the moon-walk sequences shot with IMAX film cameras. Granted, as much as I love that movie, I didn't find it necessary to shoot those scenes in that format and found it to be pretty average from a visual standpoint. Hopefully, if NOPE is printed, it's worth the cost and use of the cameras.

Didn't know this was exclusively shot on large format + IMAX 70mm. :shock:

I was already excited, but, with Hoyte and the format, this is gonna be especially gorgeous.

Ace

Not watching any more footage. I’m beyond hyped for this.

Watched an IMAX exclusive bts featurette with Top Gun. Seeing those IMAX cameras put to use is always awesome. Hope it sticks to its current release date.

Forum Pro
Tarssauce wrote:
June 3rd, 2022, 9:30 pm
Not watching any more footage. I’m beyond hyped for this.

Watched an IMAX exclusive bts featurette with Top Gun. Seeing those IMAX cameras put to use is always awesome. Hope it sticks to its current release date.
Damn I saw Top Gun twice in IMAX and didn't get this featurette, would have loved to see it. Got the trailer though which is always a treat

DylanHoang wrote:
June 5th, 2022, 3:44 am
Damn I saw Top Gun twice in IMAX and didn't get this featurette, would have loved to see it. Got the trailer though which is always a treat
I was surprised to see it since we usually don’t get any IMAX exclusive content here, but apparently it was an exclusive look for that particular cinema chain (Vox Cinemas).

Forum Pro
Here's that featurette, finally released to the public. Looks GREAT! Can't wait to see it in theatres