NOPE (2022)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Ace

Get Out was amazing.

Us was certainly a movie.

Excited for Nope.

Bacon wrote:
February 9th, 2022, 1:51 am
Get Out was amazing.

Excited for Nope.
Yea, Us was great up and till the end where the twist or reveal was quite stupid and nonsensical IMO. Hopefully for this new flick from Peele.

radewart wrote:
February 9th, 2022, 3:18 pm
Bacon wrote:
February 9th, 2022, 1:51 am
Get Out was amazing.

Excited for Nope.
Yea, Us was great up and till the end where the twist or reveal was quite stupid and nonsensical IMO. Hopefully for this new flick from Peele.
Fully agree. Was thoroughly engaged for the first two thirds only for the entire film to no longer make sense in any kind of capacity. The filmmaking/score/performances in it were undeniably great though.

If there's anything to look forward to about Nope, it's the promise that Peele doesn't appear to be the kind to repeat himself.

Ace

WOWWWW WOWWW WOWWWW WOWWWW

This. Is. Incredible.

Hoyte has done it again. Do we know if this was shot digitally? Some of the images seem very crisp.

Very underwhelming trailer. Looks more like a Shyamalan movie thus far. It didn't tell me anything about the film. That's fine if you have an A list cast, amazing action setpiece or some captivating visual hooks. This had neither.

I'm still excited for the film because I loved Get Out and Us but the latter really had amazing trailers too.

LuciusNightmare wrote:
February 13th, 2022, 7:55 am
Hoyte has done it again. Do we know if this was shot digitally? Some of the images seem very crisp.

Most likely digital. Peele shared stage with Nolan once where he said most of the time on set he spends behind monitor. Nolan would never do that because he knows a monitor can not convey the scale of cinema screen so it's pointless to act as if one can review footage that way.

This difference in thinking is why I can not take other filmmakers seriously. Their love for large screen experience is utterly dwarfed by Nolan's love for large screen. They would never be inconvenienced by an imax camera.

i believe this was shot on film (listed on Kodak’s website). mix of 35mm and 65mm for IMAX. clear why Hoyte was brought on!

Universal is gonna separate themselves from other studios with this sort of showmanship from their premiere filmmakers.