NOPE (2022)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
X-MementoMori-X wrote:
September 1st, 2022, 8:02 am
This was.....disappointing. A bunch of cool ideas don't make a good movie. The monkey storyline of Steven Yeuns character was completely wasted. I feel like he should have been the main protagonist.
interesting, you see i didnt think he was wasted, i personally liked how he`s the one to think he can control the beast, but he overestimated his luck, and that eventually got him, also Peele outright says that this movie is about the lenghts we go to pursue spectacle, Ricky, Antlers, and that TMZ guy all meet their demise in the pursue of spectacle, though Antlers seems to have chosen his death (he`s seen taking some medication and coughing, and earlier in the movie we see him editing footage of animals fighting, predators, probably something death related)
I dont claim to understand the movie, but clearly the themes of the relentless pursue of spectacle, and the dangers of "taming the beast" are at least central themes, i think the chimp`s storyline does contribute to those themes very well.

Ace