Invincible (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
So is anyone watching this? It's pretty fantastic.

I found it to be pretty average to be honest. The animation is bad and I'm not sure why it needed to be so gory, since the most interesting part of the show was Mark balancing his superhero, normal and family lives. The superhero stuff is pretty straightforward and generic, the closest it came to being interesting was with the Black Mask and Thing rip offs. The teenage drama is ok but pretty much Spider-Man rated R. Basically, I would cut everything with discount Teen Titans, clones, etc. Definitely reduce the number of unnecessary heroes and villians, and give much more time to the Grayson family because everytime they weren't on screen, I was losing interest. And as for the twist... we've already seen Brighburn, the motivation was pretty obvious. I liked how it ended, though. That was pretty unique and the flashback to the baseball game was a nice touch.

It's an ok show, but way overhyped.

I mean, the animation is pretty obviously great - outside of a few moments - and the gore is pretty central to the themes of the show, but you do you. I guess I'm glad I'm not you, though.

Why take it personal? You were the one who asked for opinions :P Sorry you had to learn people have different ones.

The animation is not "obviously great" since a lot of reviews point it out.

I loved it. It's probably one of my favorite superhero stories of the last while. I recommend everyone watch it.

-Vadar

LelekPL wrote:
May 11th, 2021, 1:10 am
Why take it personal? You were the one who asked for opinions :P Sorry you had to learn people have different ones.

The animation is not "obviously great" since a lot of reviews point it out.
Seriously. It’s rare enough we get any discussion at all on here these days, there’s especially no need to be so dismissive and condescending “I’m glad I’m not you” when someone is trying to start discussion while offering nothing of substance in a response.

This show is awesome.