A Very British Scandal (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Claire Foy and Paul Bettany have been cast in the lead roles of “A Very British Scandal,” a followup to “A Very English Scandal,” Variety has learned.

The hour-long, three-episode series focuses on the divorce of the Duke (Bettany) and Duchess of Argyll (Foy), one of the most notorious, extraordinary and brutal legal cases of the 20th Century. It was infamous for featuring accusations of forgery, theft, violence, drug-taking, secret recording, bribery, and an explicit Polaroid picture. The series will examine how the Duchess refused to go quietly as she was betrayed by her friends and publicly shamed by a society that reveled in her fall from grace.
[...]
Sarah Phelps will write and executive produce, with Anne Sewitsky directing and executive producing. Graham Broadbent, Pete Czernin, Diarmuid McKeown, and Delyth Scudamore will executive produce for Blueprint Pictures, which produced “A Very English Scandal.” Foy will also executive produce along with Lucy Richer for the BBC, Kate Triggs, and Dominic Treadwell-Collins. Amazon Studios is co-producing in the US. It was commissioned by Piers Wenger, director of BBC Drama, and Charlotte Moore, BBC Chief Content Officer.
[...]
“Writing the story of Margaret’s life and the events leading up to and including her divorce from the Duke has been a passion project of mine since 1993 when I first heard her name and started learning about her,” Phelps said. “I felt very strongly that she’d been punished for being a woman, for being visible, for refusing to back down, be a good girl and go quietly. This drama is my tribute to her.”
https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/claire ... 234927863/