The Killer (2023)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Allstar wrote:
June 24th, 2021, 4:14 pm
X-MementoMori-X wrote:
June 24th, 2021, 6:45 am
LuciusNightmare wrote:
June 23rd, 2021, 2:43 pm
A Parisian-set Fincher thriller? Yes please.

Sounds not very special or new.
But its a Fincher Thriller :twothumbsup:
Sounds way better than Mank at least.
I really enjoyed how Mank felt so different from the rest of his filmography. Like I love how Age of innocence or Hugo fits in Scorsese's career, Roman Holiday in Wyler's, The trouble with Harry in Hitchcock's, Bridges of Madison county in Eastwood's.
I'd be fine with Fincher continuing to do different things, but a crime thriller with Fassbinder is terribly exciting though.

Allstar wrote:
June 24th, 2021, 4:14 pm
X-MementoMori-X wrote:
June 24th, 2021, 6:45 am
LuciusNightmare wrote:
June 23rd, 2021, 2:43 pm
A Parisian-set Fincher thriller? Yes please.

Sounds not very special or new.
But its a Fincher Thriller :twothumbsup:
Sounds way better than Mank at least.
Well it can't be any worse than Mank.

The problem with Mank isn’t that it’s bad, it’s that it’s boring.

https://theplaylist.net/tilda-swinton-d ... um=twitter
David Fincher‘s upcoming Netflix movie, “The Killer” starring Michael Fassbender, was supposed to shoot this fall in Paris with Oscar-winning “Mank” cinematographer Erik Messerschmidt behind the camera. That’s now slightly changed, but we’ve also received confirmation about something we’ve been hearing about for months: Tilda Swinton is going to co-star in the assassin thriller based on a French graphic novel series.

Asked about her participation by Playlist contributor Charles Bramesco in a just-completed interview about Apichatpong Weerasethakul’s dreamy, hypnotic NEON film, “Memoria” (our review) which she stars and comes on later this year, Swinton confirmed. “Well, yes, I think I am, yes,” she said with a surprised smile. “But that’s next year. That’s a whole other story!” she added.

Once scheduled to shoot rather soon (her participation in Wes Anderson‘s new film currently shooting in Spain might have been the delay culprit), “The Killer” production is moving to a TBD shoot next year. The production wanted to shoot earlier this year actually but had to wait on Fassbender’s racing schedule. Yes, the actor is a car racing nut and spent much of the summer of 2021 on the racing circuit prepping for Les Mans 2021 (see below). His original window to shoot the film, written by “Seven” screenwriter Andrew Kevin Walker, was going to be October or November of this year, but that obviously got pushed.
OMG yes, Fincher is going to make another great one!

My body is not ready

Well that was…disappointing

Back to work.

Demoph wrote:
November 1st, 2021, 7:03 am

Back to work.
Excited!!