The Killer (2023)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
This is exactly the kind of project that we want Fincher to do. I still haven't got around to watching Mank. It's high on my list, but not necessarily at the top. Which is crazy, considering it's new Fincher. The mixed response and tepid awards buzz hasn't helped.

Fincher is the guy who elevates sleazy airport paperbacks with his fine-tuned, Swiss-watch filmmaking which turns them into high-art.

However.....Are we giving Michael Fassbender a pass? It was only a few years ago that numerous allegations of domestic violence were bought against him?

LuciusNightmare wrote:
March 3rd, 2021, 10:42 am
This is exactly the kind of project that we want Fincher to do. I still haven't got around to watching Mank. It's high on my list, but not necessarily at the top. Which is crazy, considering it's new Fincher. The mixed response and tepid awards buzz hasn't helped.

Fincher is the guy who elevates sleazy airport paperbacks with his fine-tuned, Swiss-watch filmmaking which turns them into high-art.

However.....Are we giving Michael Fassbender a pass? It was only a few years ago that numerous allegations of domestic violence were bought against him?
Really excited about this one, and I hope he will reteam with Jeff Cronenweth. Still have to watch Mank too.

And I really hope that someday, Netflix will allows him to revisit his World War Z sequel script into something original.
Last edited by Nolan62 on March 3rd, 2021, 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LuciusNightmare wrote:
bruh.... don’t think i have ever even heard of this, damn

Ruth wrote:
March 3rd, 2021, 12:06 pm
LuciusNightmare wrote:
bruh.... don’t think i have ever even heard of this, damn
he dragged his ex while in a moving car....also, how have people not heard of this? This was talked about years ago. It's like the Joss Whedon stuff, everyone knew about this stuff years ago, and now everyone is acting surprised.

I think he is a genuinely great actor...but that doesn't mean we shouldn't have a conversation about famous people's actions, especially because this is more than just saying something stupid on twitter.

https://www.indiewire.com/2018/02/micha ... 201927946/

Edit
Last edited by LuciusNightmare on June 24th, 2021, 7:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

A Borges man wrote:
March 3rd, 2021, 2:02 pm
he dragged his ex while in a moving car....also, how have people not heard of this? This was talked about years ago. It's like the Joss Whedon stuff, everyone knew about this stuff years ago, and now everyone is acting surprised.
dude sorry for not keeping up with any bit of celebrity news, especially regarding fassbender who really hasn’t been very talked about for a while now.

my initial comment was in no way meant to minimize the allegations or the conversation, i think he just genuinely managed to slip through the cracks for some people. Especially because, now that I’m checking, he didn’t respond to any of the allegations. it’s a 50/50 coin toss, but it unfortunately sometimes helps these sort of conversations to die down.

Ruth wrote:
March 3rd, 2021, 2:24 pm
A Borges man wrote:
March 3rd, 2021, 2:02 pm
dude sorry for not keeping up with any bit of celebrity news, especially regarding fassbender who really hasn’t been very talked about for a while now.

my initial comment was in no way meant to minimize the allegations or the conversation, i think he just genuinely managed to slip through the cracks for some people. Especially because, now that I’m checking, he didn’t respond to any of the allegations. it’s a 50/50 coin toss, but it unfortunately sometimes helps these sort of conversations to die down.
I think my comment came off a little extra. I'm sorry, starting to sound like Master Virgo.

A Parisian-set Fincher thriller? Yes please.

LuciusNightmare wrote:
June 23rd, 2021, 2:43 pm

Sounds not very special or new.
But its a Fincher Thriller :twothumbsup:

X-MementoMori-X wrote:
June 24th, 2021, 6:45 am
LuciusNightmare wrote:
June 23rd, 2021, 2:43 pm

Sounds not very special or new.
But its a Fincher Thriller :twothumbsup:
Sounds way better than Mank at least.