Inherent Vice (2014)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
cassm wrote:It's Katherine Waterston not Waterson
Missed a letter, thanks, fixed!

“Like a beacon shining through the counterculture’s druggie fog, Shasta bristles with the kind of wild-eyed, visceral energy Doc has self-medicated into oblivion: a romantic embodiment of what might have been, and what might be lost.”
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/07/movie ... .html?_r=1

I kind of get the sense that PTA pulled a Scorsese in the sense of casting an unknown lead actress (Margot Robbie) that everyone is going to love in the movie and she is going to blow up big time after the film is released.

Allstar wrote:I kind of get the sense that PTA pulled a Scorsese in the sense of casting an unknown lead actress (Margot Robbie) that everyone is going to love in the movie and she is going to blow up big time after the film is released.
Yeah it might be a similar situation, we'll find out soon. I'm watching The Babysitters (2007) tomorrow, that's what PTA saw from her filmography anyway.

m4st4 wrote:
Allstar wrote:I kind of get the sense that PTA pulled a Scorsese in the sense of casting an unknown lead actress (Margot Robbie) that everyone is going to love in the movie and she is going to blow up big time after the film is released.
Yeah it might be a similar situation, we'll find out soon. I'm watching The Babysitters (2007) tomorrow, that's what PTA saw from her filmography anyway.
Didn't her casting director (Cassandra Kulukundis) influenced on his decision? Waterston worked on Eleanor Rigby, a movie that Kulukundis produced.

theseeker9175 wrote:
m4st4 wrote:
Didn't her casting director (Cassandra Kulukundis) influenced on his decision? Waterston worked on Eleanor Rigby, a movie that Kulukundis produced.
That as well.
m4st4 wrote:Image
PREDICT INHERENT VICE TRAILER RELEASE DATE AND LENGTH:

m4st4 - September 11th, 2:17
Ruth - September 16th, 2:05
BlairCo - September 16th - 2:28
Alberto - September 17th, 2:21
poplar - September 20th, 2:11
DoubleD - September 23th, 2:23
Panapaok - September 25th, 2:25
Last edited by m4st4 on September 4th, 2014, 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

September 16 - 2:28

PREDICT INHERENT VICE TRAILER RELEASE DATE AND LENGTH:

m4st4 - September 11th, 2:17
Ruth - September 16th, 2:05
BlairCo - September 16th - 2:28
Alberto - September 17th, 2:21
poplar - September 20th, 2:11
DoubleD - September 23th, 2:23
Panapaok - September 25th, 2:25

PTA To Host Masterclass At NYFF
Well, looky here! With just under a month to before the Inherent Vice premiere, the New York Film Festival has just announced that Paul Thomas Anderson will be hosting the sixth edition of "On Cinema", a masterclass in which a filmmaker chooses film selections that they consider influential to their body of work and discusses how it's affected their approach to cinema. PTA's choices for this edition will not be revealed beforehand, but NYFF director Kent Jones assures us that they are "very surprising."

The event will be held on October 5th at 12:30pm at Alice Tully Hall, the day after Inherent Vice's world premiere in the same room. We do not yet know if the event will be recorded for later viewing.
http://cigsandredvines.blogspot.gr/2014 ... -nyff.html