Inherent Vice (2014)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Monicabbm wrote:Image
I think that all the people who've read the book are able to recognize the scene. Owen Wilson is somewhere in the middle of it of course. ;)

I think I may spontaneously combust if/when the trailer appears

I wish more films did this. Are we forgetting almost all the clips and half the trailers for The Master deliberately featured footage that wasn't in the final cut?

-Vader

OMG release the hype, damn it! :judge:

m4st4 wrote:
PREDICT INHERENT VICE TRAILER RELEASE DATE AND LENGTH:

m4st4 - September 11th, 2:17
Ruth - September 16th, 2:05
BlairCo - September 16th - 2:28
Alberto - September 17th, 2:21
poplar - September 20th, 2:11
DoubleD - September 23th, 2:23
Panapaok - September 25th, 2:25

Finally, some bump-worthy posts.

Having said that...
Cop 223 wrote:Man, WB and PTA can go straight to hell.

Vader182 wrote:I wish more films did this. Are we forgetting almost all the clips and half the trailers for The Master deliberately featured footage that wasn't in the final cut?

-Vader
One trailer ->go see the film, brilliant.

Well, at least the Master trailers were consistent bits of footage which kinda helped you get ready for the film (atmosphere/tone/mood) without being spoiled. The rollout was done in a clever little way by PTA which was enjoyable for the fans. This is going hyper over 3 seconds of footage in a trailer for a film festival. It's different and lame. That's how blueballed fans are. PTA doesn't owe anyone anything and we're not entitled to anything except a (good) movie at the end but the promotional side of IV has been curious. It's effective but it's building hype through minor frustration. I imagine all will be forgiven once when the trailer comes out and besides, one should be grateful for a new PTA film after only two years.

Considering PTA's current chaotic and open style, I imagine there were a whole bunch of cut and alternate takes.

Panapaok wrote:
Monicabbm wrote:Image
I think that all the people who've read the book are able to recognize the scene. Owen Wilson is somewhere in the middle of it of course. ;)
Is that reincarnation of the last supper? or what?

Cop 223 wrote:Well, at least the Master trailers were consistent bits of footage which kinda helped you get ready for the film (atmosphere/tone/mood) without being spoiled. The rollout was done in a clever little way by PTA which was enjoyable for the fans. This is going hyper over 3 seconds of footage in a trailer for a film festival. It's different and lame. That's how blueballed fans are. PTA doesn't owe anyone anything and we're not entitled to anything except a (good) movie at the end but the promotional side of IV has been curious. It's effective but it's building hype through minor frustration. I imagine all will be forgiven once when the trailer comes out and besides, one should be grateful for a new PTA film after only two years.

Considering PTA's current chaotic and open style, I imagine there were a whole bunch of cut and alternate takes.
Haha that is correct. :clap: