David Lynch's Unrecorded Night

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

This reminds me,I really need to binge on the new series of Twin Peaks.

Don't forget that he's declared this not a long time ago :
I have a box of ideas, and I’m working with producer Sabrina Sutherland, kind of trying to go through and see if there’s any gold in those boxes
So I think something has emerged from this. I really hope because we need the return from the master, it would be great.

Nolan62 wrote:
July 5th, 2018, 12:38 pm
I have a box of ideas, and I’m working with producer Sabrina Sutherland, kind of trying to go through and see if there’s any gold in those boxes
So I think something has emerged from this. I really hope because we need the return from the master, it would be great.
did you not see twin peaks

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
July 5th, 2018, 12:58 pm
Nolan62 wrote:
July 5th, 2018, 12:38 pm
did you not see twin peaks

-Vader
Of course I saw TP ! By "return" I mean more Lynch after what he offered to us last year ;)

well I am also all in for more Lynch, although I think we both know it'll wind up being like Inland Empire

-Vader

From his recently published memoir, what he tried to do between INLAND EMPIRE and Twin Peaks
Set mostly in Los Angeles, Antelope Don’t Run No More braids threads from Mulholland Drive and INLAND EMPIRE into a narrative fantasia that incorporates space aliens, talking animals, and a beleaguered musician named Pinky; it’s impressed everyone who’s read it as one of the best scripts Lynch has ever written.
Pleeeeease be this

Although, there seems to be very little evidence of a new project and more wishful thinking.

Some little rumors concerning a potential new project from David Lynch :
https://www.reddit.com/r/criterion/comm ... _new_film/
Netflix. 25 hour-long episodes. $85 mil budget. Starts shooting in May. Code/working title is Wisteria.

100% no joke but there's nothing I can provide for you as proof. You're going to have to wait until it's announced to see that I'm being truthful.

Went back this morning and reviewed the information. So it looks like they are a little uncertain about the form of this thing. It might be 13 "mini movies." I'm thinking something akin to Too Old To Die Young. It could also be an anthology thing for all I know.

It will be shooting in LA but I'm not seeing any Washington locations so it's likely not season 4.

200 shooting days so it'll go well into 2021 and probably won't be available until 2022.

I have no idea what the story is or who might be in the cast. I'm excited though and eager for more details.
https://www.recapped.com/the-girlfriend ... rk-rumors/

Again, it's just rumors for now and we still don't know how reliable all of this is.
But let's hope it's true, we'll figure it out soon !

David Lynch to Write/Direct New Netflix Original Series
David Lynch will be working with Netflix on a brand new TV series according to a production listing from ProductionWeekly. Details are scarce at the moment but here’s what we know so far.

In issue 1222 of ProductionWeekly, an untitled David Lynch project is listed that’s going under the working title of “Wisteria”. For those who will try and derive meaning from the working title, the word is associated with the various plants found around the world.

The listing also states that production is due to begin in May 2021 and that it’ll be filming in The Calvert Studios. Lynch is listed as writer and director for the series with Sabrina S. Sutherland listed as a producer. Beyond that and Netflix’s involvement, much remains to be seen.