A Quiet Place Part III (2022)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Paramount Pictures is broadening its A Quiet Place franchise. The studio has set Jeff Nichols to write and direct the third film, which is based on an original idea by John Kraskinski. Studio has set a 2022 release date. Krasinski co-wrote and directed the original, and wrote and directed the sequel, which was pushed from its March 20 release date by the COVID lockdown, with Paramount slating for an April 23, 2021 release.

They are keeping the details of the plot under wraps, but I would not be surprised if this was not a straight sequel, but rather broadened the world that the original introduced, plopping viewers in a post-apocalyptic world where survivors are struggling to stay alive by being quiet, as monsters with ultra sensitive hearing hunt them. The movie progressed so quickly you barely had time to ask how the world got that way, and whether the creatures might be defeated. So there’s plenty of room creatively to stretch this out.

Nichols seems a fine filmmaker to do this. While his films that range from Midnight Special, Take Shelter, Mud and Loving (which got an Oscar nomination for co-star Ruth Negga) were from original scripts he wrote, Nichols developed a relationship with Paramount Motion Picture Group President Emma Watts as they developed a multi-film adaptation of the film Alien Nation, which stalled when Disney acquired Fox.
https://deadline.com/2020/11/a-quite-pl ... 234611623/
Last edited by nolannolanchrischris on November 9th, 2020, 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I think if Krasinski doesn't return, Blunt won't either. The main point of the sequel for them was to work together again, with total artistic control thanks to the success of the first one.
Also, I wish Nichols would continue to make original films. He deserves better than franchise spin-off.

Demoph wrote:
November 9th, 2020, 4:33 pm
I think if Krasinski doesn't return, Blunt won't either. The main point of the sequel for them was to work together again, with total artistic control thanks to the success of the first one.
Also, I wish Nichols would continue to make original films. He deserves better than franchise spin-off.
Mmmmm maybe Nichols was interested in doing the spin-off?

I, for one, thought Krasinski should've stayed away from the sequel but here we are. Now, I believe he should be done with the second one but it's up to them. Let's hope this is one of those rare cases where the sequels are equally good or that improve over what came before.

David Fincher:
Speaking to Total Film, Fincher explained why “Mank” isn’t the easiest film to get made in the current industry climate, where studios are forever chasing franchises, sequels, reboots, and whatever else can earn them $1 billion at the box office.

“Unless you’re making a tentpole movie that has a Happy Meal component to it, no one’s interested,” Fincher explained.

But the director also understands that if you’re not making billion-dollar franchise films, you better be making awards contenders.

“There’s really only two seasons for movies,” Fincher said. “There’s ‘spandex summer’ and there’s ‘affliction winter.’ You’re making your movie for one of two seasons. And if you miss, you’ll fall into one of those other two seasons, which are nominally dumping grounds. Does that make sense?”
April 2020 : https://collider.com/adam-driver-jeff-n ... omandante/

November 2020: https://collider.com/a-quiet-place-spin ... -director/

On a more serious note, times may be difficult for him, but I hope it'll allowed him to come back in the spotlight, and that after it'll enable him to keep making his personal and original projects.

Why would they not call this The Quietest Place?

Batfan175 wrote:
November 13th, 2020, 1:33 pm
Why would they not call this The Quietest Place?
For the same reason previous one is not called 'A Too Quiet Place'.

original title was 2 Places 2 Quiet