The Son (Villeneuve)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Ace
Jake Gyllenhaal, Denis Villeneuve And Lisa Joy And Jonathan Nolan Team On HBO Limited Series ‘The Son’
HBO has given a series order to an adaptation of the Jo Nesbo novel The Son with Jake Gyllenhaal on board to star and his Prisoners director Denis Villeneuve on board to direct. Gyllenhaal and Villeneuve will also exec produced the limited series with Gyllenhaal producing through his Nine Stories’ banner along with his partner Riva Marker. Kilter Films’ Jonathan Nolan and Lisa Joy will join as exec producers along with Kilter Films Athena Wickham. Lenore Zion is set as showrunner and will also executive produce.

The series is based on from the #1 New York Times bestselling novel which is described as a tale of vengeance set amid Oslo’s brutal hierarchy of corruption. The story follows Sonny Lofthus, an escaped convict: an opioid addict who can’t recall his past, on the run from the law toward an unknown truth.

“Jonah and Lisa are a formidable creative force and we are excited to collaborate with them again, alongside the brilliant Lenore, to adapt Jo Nesbø’s novel,” said Orsi. “Denis is a master at weaving visually exquisite and unique narratives, Jake is a gifted actor and producer whose work often traverses provocative and compelling terrain, and of course, he and Denis have collaborated brilliantly in the past. We are beyond excited to see how this powerhouse team tackles this exceptional work.”

Sources tell Deadline, after trying for years to find their next project after the success of the crime thriller Prisoners, Gyllenhaal saw this as the perfect opportunity to reteam. He gave the book to Villeneuve, who read it overnight. Gyllenhaal and Marker were on set of the film Stronger when Villeneuve called to say an emphatic yes.

After attempting to adapt the book as a feature film, the two thought it would be better suited for a limited series format given how much story the novel needed to cover. Marker approached Jonah Nolan, who after reading was immediately on board along with Kilter Films. Following Kilter Films success at HBO with their series Westworld finishing its third season, Nolan approached execs about the idea of turning this lucrative package into a series.

hell yes

Wow :thumbup: :clap:

HBO rises.

What a combo.

TeddyBlass wrote:
September 14th, 2020, 4:55 pm
hey teddy can you make me a mod so i can take corporations out of thread titles myself instead of badgering people thank you

Disney+'s solo2001 wrote:
October 20th, 2020, 10:53 pm
TeddyBlass wrote:
hey teddy can you make me a mod so i can take corporations out of thread titles myself instead of badgering people thank you
seconded

TeddyBlass wrote:
based

TeddyBlass wrote:
Honestly it’s good to have it right in your face where you can watch it. Just my two cents.

:gonf: