The Lord of the Rings/Hobbit Saga Remasters

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Well, it's finally official.

Warner Bros. Home Entertainment will release on 4K Blu-ray The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy (2001-2003). The box set is expected to be available for purchase later this year.

In addition to the standard release, the studio will also have available for purchase The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy 4K Blu-ray Giftset.

Also arriving on 4K Blu-ray later this year is The Hobbit The Motion Picture Trilogy 4K Blu-ray Extended & Theatrical. Please note that exact technical specs and supplemental features to be included on each release have not yet been detailed by the studio.
It's that I had a Middle-Earth marathon last summer otherwise I'd probably watch them all again so soon in 4K lol (would need a 4K player for that of course, but still)

Great, will watch them on PS5.

what was up with that video tho

Disney+'s solo2001 wrote:
October 15th, 2020, 9:59 pm
what was up with that video tho
He was ready to stab someone in the belly and it is now part of an ongoing criminal investigation.

Waiting for the 2021 ultimate set

I doubt I'll ever watch The Hobbit films again in my life...

The extended cuts are okay/good.

Apparently the 4K video qualities of the three LOTR films are great

Have not yet read reviews on The Hobbits endeavor into 4K

Pioneerr wrote:
October 21st, 2020, 4:45 am
The extended cuts are okay/good.
The extended cuts are good but inferior. They absolutely ruin reveals and pacing throughout the trilogy. No better way to introduce the films to someone than with the theatrical cuts because many scenes of the extended cuts assume you know the direction the films are headed.